Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default Interested in joining Canonsburg Sportsmans

Are there any members of Canonsburg Sportsmans Club who could provide information or possibly references for myself and a friend, who are interested in joining?

We are both in our thirties and grew up in the area. My friend is a Afghan War vet. I am not, but I am a family man and otherwise responsible person. Feel free to read some of my older posts if you want t to get an idea of my character. We could also possibly meet up and do some shooting, if you wish and our schedules allow.

We both primarily enjoy shooting semi-auto pistols and rifles. I also have interest in milsurp firearms.

The information I have about joining is limited. I believe that new members are commonly accepted in February. I do not know what the initiation fees are, or how many references are required, or if meetings are open to non members, or if references must accompany applicants, or how to procure an application, etc.

I have been shooting at the club before, as a guest of my father who is a current member. Unfortunately he is usually very busy with work and when he is home he is usually too tired to do much shooting anymore. He also does not remember much of the initiation process.

I thank you in advance for reading this, and for any information you may have.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

(Washington County)

Default Re: Interested in joining Canonsburg Sportsmans

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    Are there any members of Canonsburg Sportsmans Club who could provide information or possibly references for myself and a friend, who are interested in joining?

We are both in our thirties and grew up in the area. My friend is a Afghan War vet. I am not, but I am a family man and otherwise responsible person. Feel free to read some of my older posts if you want t to get an idea of my character. We could also possibly meet up and do some shooting, if you wish and our schedules allow.

We both primarily enjoy shooting semi-auto pistols and rifles. I also have interest in milsurp firearms.

The information I have about joining is limited. I believe that new members are commonly accepted in February. I do not know what the initiation fees are, or how many references are required, or if meetings are open to non members, or if references must accompany applicants, or how to procure an application, etc.

I have been shooting at the club before, as a guest of my father who is a current member. Unfortunately he is usually very busy with work and when he is home he is usually too tired to do much shooting anymore. He also does not remember much of the initiation process.

I thank you in advance for reading this, and for any information you may have.

I have to renew my membership before the end of the month. I'll be heading up to do that in the next week or two. I know the website says membership is currently closed, but as you noted, it does open-up in Feb after people that didn't renew have their membership terminated. When I go to renew I can ask for 2 applications and more specifically WHEN membership will be opening-up. If you want, when time permits, we could meet-up and do some shooting up there. However I won't have time for shooting until sometime in Feb.

Also, I can't remember what all is entailed for initation. I know the price went up since I joined. I believe it was $100 the first year and $50 per year after that; I have no idea what it is now. I joined about 6 or 7 years back. And I think you need 2 reference/sponsor, but don't quote me on that. I've been wrong before
    "Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

(Washington County)

I definitely would appreciate if you would snag a couple apps while you were up there, and any further info you get is also appreciated. Shoot me a pm if you have some free time to go to the range to do some shooting.

(Washington County)

When I stopped in to renew, it was said they are not handing out applications until end of Feb/beginning of March so the exact number of openings available are known.

If I hear anything, I'll be sure and let you know.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhost27
    When I stopped in to renew, it was said they are not handing out applications until end of Feb/beginning of March so the exact number of openings available are known.

Thank you for the update.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhost27 View Post

Matt emailed me back with the same info & asked me to get back to him end of month to see if there are any openings.

Is there a range rule listing on the website I didn't see?
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    Matt emailed me back with the same info & asked me to get back to him end of month to see if there are any openings.

Is there a range rule listing on the website I didn't see?
    Do you mean the rules for each range?

Each range has a page on their site. Each page lists the rules for that range.

There isn't a page with only a list of rules.

Hope that helps.