Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: First CT gun registration rejection...this is messed up!!!

If you filled out a 4473 for whatever firearm you choose, you already gave the BATF all the information they need anyway. Page 3, Section D would essentially be the Federal equivalent to the PSP Record of Sale form. Now if you've happened to sell or trade a few without the use of an FFL, then it essentially becomes untraceable because the trail stops at you. Now if the BATF really wanted to pull your chain, they COULD get you for illegal transfer of a handgun if done without an FFL. Charges would have to actually be brought up by the PSP, but I'm sure the Feds have no problem divulging information that they uncovered.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Montkun View Post
    If you filled out a 4473 for whatever firearm you choose, you already gave the BATF all the information they need anyway. Page 3, Section D would essentially be the Federal equivalent to the PSP Record of Sale form. Now if you've happened to sell or trade a few without the use of an FFL, then it essentially becomes untraceable because the trail stops at you. Now if the BATF really wanted to pull your chain, they COULD get you for illegal transfer of a handgun if done without an FFL. Charges would have to actually be brought up by the PSP, but I'm sure the Feds have no problem divulging information that they uncovered.
    As an FFL, I send nothing to the BATFE. Your 4473 sits in my file cabinet. It can be hand searched by BATFE or they can call me and ask me about a gun but nothing leaves here and goes to them until I cease business operations.

If I sell a handgun, PSP gets their required ROS form.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Delaware County)

Of course,,,, I can buy a 50 YO pistol (or another approved collectable) with no PSP or BATF knowledge.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    And here is that other shoe that we were all waiting to hear drop:

Registration rejected due to lack of postmark
    One of the reasons why these "registration" and "amnesty" campaigns fall on their faces is because of this crap.

People get the word around.

Doubtless someone will be along to collect the Contraband. Alternately they can just drop it off at a Police Station and hope for the best.

One tried and trusted method was to take your illegal firearm, get someone to slice it in half with a welding torch and then turn the pieces over the police. I ran into guys who did this with Class III firearms that their recently deceased relatives had "brought back".

They could also have an unfortunate boating accident, auto accident. Sadly firearms are too hard and indigestable to blame your dog for eating them.

Many ways to get the job done. Including just joining the ranks of Pot Heads, Tweakers, Coke Fiends, Junkies, White Collar Criminals, Politicians and others who routinely flaunt the Law, never seem to get caught and never seem to worry about a blessed thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123