Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default FEEDBACK ON SURPLUS vs New Tokarev

Shot gun news has been advertising a new tokarev by zatava has anyone compared them with the other surplus models that have been around for years . this is the one firing the 7.62 x 25 .I have the cz 52 model which I love .

Default Re: FEEDBACK ON SURPLUS vs New Tokarev

I currently own two Romanian TT33s and owned a Yugo M57 for a bit before selling it to a friend. I have shot them both and like them both. The M57 has a longer grip, which makes it much nicer to hild and a few other design changes from the original TT33 (like all Yugo stuff, they had to be a bit different).

It is neat they are making M57s again, how much are they? The milsurps only go for 200-300.
    Repeal the 17th Amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Soldat222 View Post
    I currently own two Romanian TT33s and owned a Yugo M57 for a bit before selling it to a friend. I have shot them both and like them both. The M57 has a longer grip, which makes it much nicer to hild and a few other design changes from the original TT33 (like all Yugo stuff, they had to be a bit different).

It is neat they are making M57s again, how much are they? The milsurps only go for 200-300.
    Slick guns has them for $230 and J&G Sales has them for $240

(Clearfield County)

the yugo's are solid well made guns, the only issue is that the 9 round mags are hard to find.

(Bucks County)

the new yugo guns are really nice and everything i've seen from zastava seems to be well made so i wouldn't hesitate to buy one. very nice pistols for the money but you can also find very good surplus tokorovs. a lot of the surplus tok's are arsenal refinished or excellent condition guns that have been sitting in a warehouse some where. i bought a polish tt33 several years ago and it was in mint condition inside and out. some of the guns that have wear still function fine and in my opinion the wear gives them a little character. either the yugo or surplus tok's would be a good buy and i don't think you could go wrong regardless which one you purchase.

(Montgomery County)

most of the safeties on the surplus ones were billybobbed after the fact. you need to watch out for which safety you like best, and its functionality.

the new ones have the thumb safety, which is the best imo. id go m57 all the way, new or surplus. if the new price is similar to the used price, i'd go new all the way.

(Cumberland County)

I have two surplus M57's, love them. I have a CZ52 and like it, but not as much as the M57's. I have been debating getting a new M88, possibly in the 9mm. If anyone gets one, give some feedback Figured $240 I can't go wrong - and it has a real safety not one that was jerry rigged.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Montgomery County)

Thanks for the response and for the email reminding me to look and see that I have responses. I am new and getting use to everything so thanks to all