Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Dauphin County)

Question Beretta M9 suggestions please

I'm interested in getting a Beretta M9 and was curious as to what others would have to say about it or have suggestions for it.

A few things I'd like to get suggestions about:

(1) A holster for conceal carry and / or open carry.
    (1a) Brand / Type

(2) What kind of ammunition would be best.
    (2a) Type/ Brand
    (2b) What grain would be best for this type of gun? (9mm)
    (2c) Self defense and / or Target shooting

(3) Where I could purchase it without having to order off of an online site
    (3a) If it is online what would be a good site to use?

I have been looking around different sites but I really don't know more than what it tells me and would like other peoples suggestions or if you know what is good and what is bad. Also, I have been trying to find other reviews and read what they say but I would like more thoughts on this. Your suggestions are appreciated and I will do further investigating on anything you suggest for me just to see what would be best for myself. Thank you.
    Last edited by Clyde1993; January 10th, 2014 at 09:49 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Beretta M9 suggestions please

Clyde,

They are not small guns, so concealed carry may be an issue. Have you every held/shot one (does it fit your hand well? ) Gander Mountain probably has one in stock for you to fondle, but their prices are usually way high. My understanding is that they are pretty decent pistols and easy to shoot, and they fixed the bugs that the very early military versions had. Good luck with it!

Cb

(Washington County)

I have a 92A1. It's basically the same as the M9 with the exception of the roll marks (92A1 instead of M9), an accessory rail, dot sights instead of post, and 1 or 2 other minor features. Mine eats any and all ammo I have fed it so far; Fiocchi, Tulammo (steel), Federal, Blazer (aluminum), and Remington UMC. I have not had any problems with the gun to this date, it functions flawlessly. I bought it in January 2013 and simply love it. It's a real pleasure to shoot and very accurate. I don't carry mine, so I can't help with that.

Here's a video that will give you more info on the gun. The video is on the M9A1, but again, basically the same as the M9. Good luck with your purchase!! http://youtu.be/9GOmunl4278
    Last edited by TheGhost27; January 10th, 2014 at 10:54 PM. Reason: typo
    "Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

Go for it. You won't regret it unless you sell it. They are very smooth and soft shooters and work very well. I haven had 2 of the 92's and the only thing I can say is the double action trigger is heavy but that is an easy fix.

(Lackawanna County)

I have a Beretta M9. Personally, I love it.

I carry it in a Fobus OWB paddle holster. It is too large to conceal carry except under a hoodie or other coat. I can't imagine carrying it IWB.

Ammunition, it has eaten everything I have fed it. As for carrying, I currently have Hornady Critical Defense in it.

I purchased mine at my LGS, so I can't really help you in the area of where you can get one. Just keep an eye out for them. They're really not that rare.

I agree that it is a gun you should handle before purchasing. It is not polymer so it is not a light gun. However, it's heft really makes recoil relatively negligible. Along with its weight, it is a full size frame. I believe it "fits like a glove" in my hand, but if you have small hands, the grip and trigger reach can be a little much.

Most people either love this gun or hate it and don't understand why anyone would want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde1993 View Post
    I'm interested in getting a Beretta M9 and was curious as to what others would have to say about it or have suggestions for it.

A few things I'd like to get suggestions about:

(1) A holster for conceal carry and / or open carry.
    (1a) Brand / Type

(2) What kind of ammunition would be best.
    (2a) Type/ Brand
    (2b) What grain would be best for this type of gun? (9mm)
    (2c) Self defense and / or Target shooting

(3) Where I could purchase it without having to order off of an online site
    (3a) If it is online what would be a good site to use?

I have been looking around different sites but I really don't know more than what it tells me and would like other peoples suggestions or if you know what is good and what is bad. Also, I have been trying to find other reviews and read what they say but I would like more thoughts on this. Your suggestions are appreciated and I will do further investigating on anything you suggest for me just to see what would be best for myself. Thank you.

Check cabelas, I found mine up there for almost $100 cheaper than any other place. Mine also eats all ammo without issue and shoots great

Many people have complained about the thick grip, I personally love the weight and feel of the gun, but as others mentioned it is either a love or hate type of thing

The stainless M92 is a thing of beauty

(Dauphin County)

Thank you everyone, and ill have to keep an eye out when I'm able to get into shops and look around to see if someone has it before I purchase it. I have yet to handle it so I am hoping it fits well because I just kind of fell in love with it already since I saw it for the first time. I have been watching and reading reviews about it, I'm trying to find out as much as I can.

(York County)

lots of police trade ins in varying condition in either 92 (9X19) or 96 (40 S&W) for $400-$500. Saw one in the Portland Cabellas for $439 tonight in like new condition.

excellent ergodynamics for most people, better if you have bigger hands. lots of safety and control features, very reliable design that typically eats anything.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by jeepin View Post
    Check cabelas, I found mine up there for almost $100 cheaper than any other place. Mine also eats all ammo without issue and shoots great

Many people have complained about the thick grip, I personally love the weight and feel of the gun, but as others mentioned it is either a love or hate type of thing

The stainless M92 is a thing of beauty
    I completely forgot to check cabelas. Ill have to look into that thank you.

(Tioga County)

The M9 is a great pistol but it is uhhh... unique. It has a different feel to it than most other pistols you will handle and shoot. It is very much a pistol that was the pistol of the 1980's, not only from adoption by the US military but was the staring hero pistol in Hollywood blockbuster films like Die Hard and Lethal Weapon and all of the Hong Kong "Gun Fu" films like The Killer and A Better Tomorrow.

It's a full size duty pistol and something to consider and probably worth handling before buying.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast