Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Philly Gun Buy-Back planned... don't get too excited

Gun buy-back programs like this have taken 2,000 weapons off the streets in the past two years
    Wow! If I knew guns, excuse me, weapons, were laying all over the streets I'd go to Philly a lot more often!

(Washington County)

So why not legislation to impose a super-heavy penalty for burglary of a gun? If you are caught with a stolen gun, add 5 years to whatever you would have gotten for a regular burglary. If you purchase a stolen gun, 7 years.

(Venango County)

For what?

Why not make Murder, Robbery, and Assault ILLEGAL?

Errmmm....ok wait a minute....they are.....

Just bustin on ya man!

But anyway, we don;t need more laws, we just need to enforce the laws we already have, and I don;t mean gun laws....gun laws are stupid and don;t do diddly...I mean the base crimes that people commit with ANY weapon....they should all be treated the same.....harshly

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

Ok Ok Ok, I'll ask it....WHO is purchasing PISTOLS FTF without performing a 4473, pics, and logging acquistions? There are MULTIPLE laws being broken right there.......If not, maybe I'll set up a buying program, yeah, thats it, Maybe I can get someone to give me a bunch of money to buy used guns "to get them off the street". Of course, I won't destroy them......I'll clean them, and oil them and shoot them and then clean them again. Poor, neglected homeless guns, existing on the street like that.

(for the panties-in-a-knot folks, the preceeding has been an attempt at tongue in cheek humor. Not saying a successful attempt, just an attempt)

(Chester County)

"We're asking everyone who has a gun in their house to bring it in," said Pastor Dolores McCabe of Millcreek Baptist Church"

yeah and then the criminals and rapist get wind of this and it becomes open season on the now defenseless. In that city, it is a steady decline and they are just speeding it right along!!

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

Quote Originally Posted by BenningBoy View Post
    So why not legislation to impose a super-heavy penalty for burglary of a gun? If you are caught with a stolen gun, add 5 years to whatever you would have gotten for a regular burglary. If you purchase a stolen gun, 7 years.
    I believe that is already on the books!!!
    The question is, Why is it not enforced????

(Jefferson County)

(didn't look at entire thread)

Who are doing the "buy backs"?

Is there a FFL or sheriff doing the PICS check on the purchasing party of the firearms? If not its a unlawful transfer even if they are handed over to the police. And, LEO's are not exempt from the PICS check either.

Since there are goods being transfered for the firearms it is undeniably a sale/transfer of a firearm and not a surrender to the police.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in PA View Post
    Ok Ok Ok, I'll ask it....WHO is purchasing PISTOLS FTF without performing a 4473, pics, and logging acquistions? There are MULTIPLE laws being broken right there.......If not, maybe I'll set up a buying program, yeah, thats it, Maybe I can get someone to give me a bunch of money to buy used guns "to get them off the street". Of course, I won't destroy them......I'll clean them, and oil them and shoot them and then clean them again. Poor, neglected homeless guns, existing on the street like that.

(for the panties-in-a-knot folks, the preceeding has been an attempt at tongue in cheek humor. Not saying a successful attempt, just an attempt)
    Oops.. didn't see this reply before posting above..
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Washington County)

Hadn't ever thought of questioning that. So in theory, Someone representing a church could host a buyback, offer immunity on a no questions asked basis, hand out gift cards, all in front of the authorities, and it's a GOOD thing? Seriously, does anyone know how these things work, or are supposed to work?

Quote Originally Posted by BenningBoy View Post
    Hadn't ever thought of questioning that. So in theory, Someone representing a church could host a buyback, offer immunity on a no questions asked basis, hand out gift cards, all in front of the authorities, and it's a GOOD thing? Seriously, does anyone know how these things work, or are supposed to work?
    You think a church will abide by the law, when the mayor and council will not???????
    Last edited by fingers80002; May 25th, 2008 at 08:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast