Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default *shrugs and shakes head*

I had a guy come in to the store I work at OC. Of course he's warmly welcomed we can't carry but the customers can all they want. I give him the reg glad to see someone OC convo. He says he's only going to carry like this till he gets his permit. We are kind of busy so I resist getting into the it's a LTCF not a permit debate. Here's the kicker- I'm by the window and see him leave and get into his Tahoe with out taking it off, and I assume the mag in it was loaded. If I see him again I will try to do some training and have fliers handy.

Cliffs-
    Saw someone OC who said they didn't have a LTCF get into his truck still loaded.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Delaware County)

Default Re: *shrugs and shakes head*

Doesn't matter if he took it off and/or unloaded it...even unloaded he is breaking the law

Edit: unless you work at a range

(York County)

I guess we can hope he has a permit "from any other state" which should still allow him to at least transport a loaded firearm.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lackawanna County)

If it makes you feel better ive seen the same thing. Except the kid had a vertical drivers license that signifies hes under 21 and got snotty about it when I said something to him about it. Throw in the uber cheap fobus holster and it was pretty bad all around.

Sadly, there is so much misinformation out there that it is easy to understand how someone could think this is okay. Some people don't put in the time (or don't know where) to find the right information. It is situations like this that make me glad I have a PA specific forum and resource to refer to. I know when I first got a handgun, I sure was wrong about some things that I thought to be true. Nothing huge or major, but I can remember a few times when I thought, "wow, I did not know that!" I had my ltcf before buying my gun, but I thought for a few years that I wasn't allowed to carry in a bar. Like I said, small stuff, mostly erring on the side of caution.

I hope that you do run into this person again and have the chance to kindly educate him in his errors, for his own sake. Good on you for looking out for him, not just coming here to bash.

As noted above, without his ltcf (or some other exception) it wouldn't have mattered if he took it off or unloaded.

(Cambria County)

We should strive to dramatically simplify our laws. A complicated legal system is of little benefit, if not harmful, to free citizens.

(Lancaster County)

I know a lot of folks that don't know this,that or other. Guns in their car, bringing along for show and tell. All kinds of things. I sometimes sense that there is some unpleasant feeling towards the "know it all". I explain that it's how good people get jacked up and become criminals.

(Monroe County)

95% of the people that come in are in cars so the voice in my head wanted to ask what kind of pain is it to uncase and holster every time you stop. Never mind yes in fact you cannot just drive around with a weapon for the fun of it.

The other fun is the store mgr has his LTCF and I did a quick quiz on what was wrong with what happened and he didn't get it. Then again he's one of those that has it and never uses it. I'm slowly training him. It's a slow go but learning is being achieved.

Side note I had someone show me the all powerful CCW permit badge with matching wallet about a year ago. I almost broke a rib holding in the LOL's till I could find a place to bust out LOLing with out scaring the customers.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Allegheny County)

The bad up part is he's probably a stand up guy and by not knowing the BS law could cost him his gun rights forever.

West Side of river from Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

It's likely the case that many(if not most) of the people with guns are not gun enthusiasts. Therefore, they are likely to NOT know the laws very well.

People break the laws all the time. Often because hey don't know or understand them. I've made major home improvements in the past never getting a permit. Who at the age of 23 knows of permits?

I have friends that park facing the wrong way on the road- that's "driving on the wrong side of the road"........

I know that these aren't felonies, but the idea is the same.

BTW, not reporting a felony is in fact a felony.........
    With great power comes great responsibility....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast