Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Should Restaurants Allow or Ban Guns?

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogs/b...r-ban-guns.php

The Old Dominion State legally allows its residents to tote unconcealed weapons in public—making it a pioneer in the “open carry” movement—but also permits private businesses to prohibit guns on their properties. Certain restaurants, like the newly opened Toby Keith’s I Love This Bar & Grill in Woodbridge, have gained national attention for banning firearms; the country singer’s eatery displayed a “no guns permitted” sign on the door. Others, such as Leesburg’s Cajun Experience, welcome gun owners with open arms. The news this week focused on the Louisiana-inspired restaurant’s owner, Bryan Crosswhite, who recently founded the website 2AO, which has the tagline, “People supporting businesses that support the 2nd Amendment.” The online database allows gun-friendly establishments to register, promote events—Crosswhite’s Open-Carry Wednesdays with meal discounts are prominently listed—and receive “2AO” stickers for their windows. Crosswhite likened the website to a Zagat for the arms-bearing crowd, telling the Washington Times, “That way people who want to do business with pro-Second Amendment companies will automatically connect with those Second Amendment companies.”

So what do you think? Should restaurants allow—and encourage—the presence of guns, or ban them altogether? To the poll.

Should guns be allowed and encouraged in restaurants?
    * I have the right to bear arms. Bring on handgun happy hour!

* Open carry? More like carryout—I want my meals gun-free.

* I don’t mind if diners posses legal firearms, but I don’t think businesses should encourage it.

* Can I get a Yelp for karate enthusiasts?
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

Hokkmike Guest

Default Re: Should Restaurants Allow or Ban Guns?

I think it should be our business as to whether we carry firearms and theirs as to how well they serve food.

Follow the law - simple enough.

Any bans, including smoking, ladies night, guns, etc.. should be left up to the business owner.
    Government, stay the f- out of our business.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hokkmike View Post
    I think it should be our business as to whether we carry firearms and theirs as to how well they serve food.

Follow the law - simple enough.

To what law are you referring?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Wayne County)

Privately owned businesses can make whatever rule they want. I have the right not to eat their food either. Look at Buffalo Wings, are they that good I just have to get some, HEL NO. My local places are alot more friendly and they are my neighbors. Screw some corporate ass hat. If they disarm me I want the right to sue the shit out of them for not protecting me.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Qtrborecrazy View Post
    Privately owned businesses can make whatever rule they want. I have the right not to eat their food either. Look at Buffalo Wings, are they that good I just have to get some, HEL NO. My local places are alot more friendly and they are my neighbors. Screw some corporate ass hat. If they disarm me I want the right to sue the shit out of them for not protecting me.
    That should have been one of the choices, since it wasn't I chose number 1.

(Allegheny County)

Businesses don't have a legal obligation to protect you, good luck with that lawsuit. Either accept the consequences of going unarmed or eat somewhere else.

This someone elses fault mentality has got to stop. Where have we heard it before? Maybe you think someone else should protect you like all those welfare abusers think they are owed free food, money, etc.

"I'm going to sue a business because I chose to patronize there when I already knew I was not permitted to carry and someone else not related to the business came in and attacked me."

That is the businesses fault how?
    Last edited by QuackXP; January 4th, 2014 at 01:59 PM.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

As others have said the government should stay out of the issue and not take a stance one way or the other.

I don't like people telling me how to live my life. I have my beliefs and am happy with who I am. But by the same token, I do not think I should be telling others how to live their lives and what their priorities should be.

If a restaurant owner is anti gun, doesn't feel comfortable with guns in their restaurant then imo they should have the right to ban guns if that is their choice. Just as I don't want people telling me how they are going to do things in my home and I have the right to tell people who enter my home to get lost if they start doing things I don't like, I should not be dictating how others do things in their place of business.

Just as they have the right to set their own policies, I have the right to take a look at those policies and decide "I am not going to patronize their business" for whatever reason including taking into account their decision to say no guns.

The free market is wonderful thing as is my ability to think things through and make decisions based on those thoughts.

Fortunately for me, when it comes to guns there are plenty of good restaurants to choose from. There are plenty of restaurants that choose not to take a stand on the issue and they will get my business as opposed to anti carry friendly establishments. When my family and I decide to eat out we can take into account quality of food, atmosphere, price, carry policy, etc.....

(Montgomery County)

They should do whatever they want. It is their business. Only they can decide which group they wish to alienate.

(Beaver County)

wouldn't that be a novel approach to combating anti gun companies , stop patronizing them and or question them on how they propose to keep us safe while we eat / shop in their establishments , they should be made to supply paid armed security or welcome cc'ers an oc'ers for free its a move that could gain some traction ?! what do yall think ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast