Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Star Firestar M43 (9mm) leather holster

Maybe some fellow Firestar owners can help on this one: I've searched for weeks now on line for a leather OWB holster for my M43, and the only thing I can find is....well.....a couple of low-end junk holsters. I have a Don Hume IWB H715-M, and it's nice, but the real kicker is that I need a left hand OWB holster.

I'd be thrilled with a Bianchi 19, or 19L that would fit. At this point I'm simply trying to find what other pistols are close enough in holster size so that I can work that angle to find something. I've read that "possibly" holsters for the Kahr TP45, Beretta 84, and the S&W Sigma will work.

At least with a leather holster, that is close in pistol size, I can wet mould it to fit the Firestar. Can anybody confirm what other model pistol holsters actually will fit a Firestar M43?

I know, I know: "Why carry such a heavy little gun?" 'Cause it actually handles a whole lot better than my Walther PPS on recoil. Besides, how can you not love a pistol that looks and handles like a baby 1911?

(Pike County)

Default Re: Star Firestar M43 (9mm) leather holster

I never could find one for my .40 Firestar.... Eventually sold it off to get something else.

(Westmoreland County)

Try Sideguard Holsters, I found them online, they look like they have some. I've got a Firestar in 40 SW and would never dream of parting with it. It fits like no other pistol I've tried.
    http://sideguardholsters.com/gunmode...r-holsters.htm

(Bucks County)

Try wildbillsconcealment.com. I bought a Paddle type for my M&P and they have blue guns for a Firestar. I have an M43 so I asked about it. I was thinking of getting one. You may have to wait a few weeks for it, but they make a nice holster. Figure 69.00 or about that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Bucks County)

Looked at the website. 59.95 for the Fusion like I have.

(Allegheny County)

I'm a lefty as well, and have an M40, which I absolutely love for daily carry.

For leather, try a holster made for a Commander length 1911 (3"). I went through this about a year ago, and am lucky enough to have an LGS with a bunch of old-stock holster floating around. We sorted through a bag full of them for about 25 minutes, till we found one that fit. Like I said, a compact 1911 fit really well. Too bad it was right handed....

Quote Originally Posted by Bill67 View Post
    Try wildbillsconcealment.com. I bought a Paddle type for my M&P and they have blue guns for a Firestar. I have an M43 so I asked about it. I was thinking of getting one. You may have to wait a few weeks for it, but they make a nice holster. Figure 69.00 or about that.
    That's good to know, as I may be looking for another holster for mine in the next few months.

(Perry County)

Being a lefty sucks. I have a nearly new Bianchi 19 for the Firestar. It's right handed however. I sold the Firestar years ago.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lackawanna County)

Thanks for the ideas so far everyone. I'll look into the leather paddle holster. To be more specific (and being a lefty makes that tough when holster hunting), is finding a typical old school style holster. Not looking for kydex or pancake holsters.

To make it even more difficult is I need something that is not a high-ride holster. Having a short torso (being under 5'5") means that a high-ride is up in my armpit darn near. A normal, or lower riding, holster is needed.

An adjustable paddle holster would be nice (I'd consider a Fobus plastic holster if it would fit the M43), as I could fiddle with the cant angle to make it work. I've looked at so many holsters on-line that I've lost track of who makes what, but there was one who had height adjusters you could buy for their paddle holsters. Unfortunately, they didn't make a holster for the Firestar.

And yes, I have no problems with looking into holsters made just for women. I know how being short makes drawing and carrying a pistol a arm-twisting event. This is way I'm looking at OWB holsters versus IWB: ability to draw weapon and placement. I have a DeSantis Pocket-Tuk, and use it with the Walther PPS (RH holster used as small-of-back for LH carry). But for open carry of the Star (winter carry) I need an OWB holster.

(Lycoming County)

If you don't mind the wait these are companies that I know can make holsters for the M43.

http://www.tedblockerholsters.com/belt-holsters.html

http://www.kramerleather.com/

For cheaper options you could try a belt slide type holster for a 1911. I think most of these would work for the m43. You could also try one of the kydex kit holsters that you mould yourself.

I've read good things about a company called bent plastic in lancaster on here as well. They do custom kydex stuff and the owner is a member on here. I believe his user name is Vigilance.

^^^^^^
    http://forum.pafoa.org/gun-pictures-...ters-more.html

Here's a link to the thread I found on them.

Hope any of these helps.

(Northampton County)

Not sure if it helps but FIST holster list shows the M45.
    Not sure how much larger the slide/frame is over the M43.

Hope it helps. They make many styles with lots of options.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast