Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: ASI Shotguns

Hybrid View

(Bucks County)

Default ASI Shotguns

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone here has any experience with asi shotguns. I am looking at one as a cheap truck gun. I was also wondering if they are compatible with mossberg 500 parts, such as a pistol grip etc.

Thanks ahead of time for any info everyone.

Bob G

Default Re: ASI Shotguns

Quote Originally Posted by Broncobob View Post
    I was also wondering if they are compatible with mossberg 500 parts, such as a pistol grip etc.
    Doesn't look like it.

If you have a bunch of Mossberg 500 parts that you want to put on a truck gun, a base model M500 is about the same price as this Turkish shotgun. Turkish guns can be very nice but they tend not to have the same kind of aftermarket as American ones.

FYI, no, I don't own a Turkish shotgun, but I've never noticed them to be of inferior quality when I've used them.
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

if your budget can't stretch to a used 500, get a Maverick model 88. I have nothing against Turkish shotguns but you need to take 922R compliance into consideration if you want to customize them.

500 parts fit the Mav 88 and the safety is where it *should be* unlike on the 500 itself.

(Montgomery County)

ASI is the Turkish manufacturer of these guns. It is a line we carry at Smiths Armory and the shotguns are well made. I don't think that the part from a Mossberg would be compatible. However these rifles are are very affordable. There is a model called PASIMAX which has a pistol grip and tactical sights for around $230.00 retail. There are also other models available all with 18.5 inch barrels in the most popular configurations. I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Bill
    Smiths Armory
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Smiths Armory; February 13th, 2014 at 06:09 AM.

(Berks County)

Benelli parts will fit it.. ASI is to Benelli as ATI is to STI in the 1911 world if you have recognize those brands. Toyota to Lexus and so on

I think I might pick up a pasimax after the things I've heard and luck I've had with my ATI Titan. Lotsa good features for same price as a mav88