Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Adams County)

Default Opinions on Stoeger 3500

Thinking of buying a Stoeger 3500 for waterfowl hunting . Any thoughts ?

(Erie County)

Default Re: Opinions on Stoeger 3500

Just bought one today for same intended use. I only had a few rounds to shoot through it, 7 3" blackclouds and 18 2 3/4" Federal uplands. It functioned flawlessly. I need to change the stock shim which is no big issue. I am probably going to put the recoil reducer weight in it as well. I like it so far but I want to run this thing through its paces and get my hands on some 3 1/2 turkey loads to see how it does with them.
    Muzzel Down Range, Eyes On Target...

(Adams County)

Default Re: Opinions on Stoeger 3500

Purchased one a couple months ago and I couldn't be happier at this point. I have installed the recoil reducer, and for waterfowl I have no hesitation with shooting the 3 1/2" steel loads, but have yet to shoot 3 1/2" turkey loads though. Shooting 1 1/2oz. of steel is one thing, but shooting 2oz. of lead through a turkey choke is another animal of its own. I will be patterning my turkey loads here in the next couple weeks so I should have better input at that point.

I have shot 2 3/4" 1 1/8oz. loads without any cycling problems, but if I went any lighter, I doubt it would cycle reliably. As far as 3" and 3 1/2" rounds, cycling will not be an issue as long as you clean your gun.