Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Pike County)

Default Re: New Remington R51 pistol

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    I guarantee there is no comparison in quality between the HK P7M8, or P7 PSP with the R51. Have you shot, or carried a P7? I regularly carry my P7 PSP, yes it is heavy, but it is all steel, compact, incredibly accurate, and reliable. The R51 isn't even out yet, and while I like it conceptually it is unproven.
    Nope, no doubt the H&K pistol is a great pistol but $900-$1200 for a pistol? Unless it's firing guided munitions I won't put that many bills down on a pistol, maybe for one or two truly unique pistols but for the most part no. A lot of "lesser" pistols have accuracy/reliability in spades (Equal to H&K products) and for half the price I could buy a lot of ammo/magazines for it. My $490 M&P 9 for example has reliability, accuracy and it feels comfortable in my hands. H&K might build a pistol that you can fondle and say it's well built but when it comes down to it an H&K isn't doing anything else a $500 pistol from S&W, Glock, Ruger, Springfield or Beretta can't do.

I am a value based buyer so I don't put much emphasis on anything other than Reliability, Accuracy and Ergonomics. The R51 will have to prove itself but I like what I am hearing so far: MSRP under $400, Made in the USA, uses a full sized pistol cartridge, lightweight and it's very compact.
    Last edited by LifeInPa; January 9th, 2014 at 05:46 PM.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

(Lawrence County)

Talking Re: New Remington R51 pistol

Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    The P7 is my favorite pistol - I have maybe about 10 of them. But it is too heavy. The R51 has a chance to do mostly the same thing for 1/2 lb less weight and 1/3 the price.
    If you ever only want like nine of them I'm your huckleberry.

The R51 looks pretty good. I got bit by the Sig 238, and 938 when they first came out. They were both problematic, so I will probably wait for a while. But then again, I'm an impulsive gun buyer so if I see one I just might get it.......
    As others stated, it is nice to see Remington do something different.

I fondled one today.

The slide is light and easy to pull.

It didn't seem to be as small as the comparison photo I posted. I don't think it's smaller than a shield, but I didn't have one there to actually compare. It seemed more like a single stack G19 in size.

There is no tactile reset whatsoever. They Remington Rep had no good explanation as to why, either.

It's very smooth and snag free.

The rear sight allows for one handed manipulation of the slight on your belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Bucks County)

This has a similar look to the HK P9S which is also fixed barrel. I actually like it.

http://www.hkpro.com/index.php?optio...stols&Itemid=5

(Washington County)

I like a lot of things I'm reading about this pistol, but I'm not convinced that it will conceal any better than my Glock 26.

According to the numbers given by The Firearm Blog, it is a quarter inch slimmer, however it is also 5/16 longer in the grip.

Posted from Pafoa.org App for Android

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456