Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Magpul officially announces move

Magpul has announced their relocation from Colorado to Texas and Wyoming following Colorado's passage of gun control legislation in 2013. Good on ya, Magpul, for keeping your word. Announcement copied and pasted below:

MAGPUL INDUSTRIES ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR RELOCATION*

Company Is Moving Operations to Wyoming and Texas

Magpul Industries announced today that it is relocating its operations to Wyoming and Texas.

The company is relocating manufacturing, distribution and shipping operations to Cheyenne, Wyoming. Magpul is leasing a 58,000 square foot manufacturing and distribution facility during the construction of a 100,000 square foot build-to-suit facility in the Cheyenne Business Parkway. The Wyoming relocation is being completed with support from Governor Matt Mead, the Wyoming Business Council and Cheyenne LEADS.

Magpul is moving its corporate headquarters to Texas. Three North Central Texas sites are under final consideration, and the transition to the Texas headquarters will begin as soon as the facility is selected. The Texas relocation is being accomplished with support from Governor Rick Perry and the Texas Economic Development Corporation.

“Magpul made the decision to relocate in March 2013 and has proceeded on an aggressive but deliberate path” says Doug Smith, Chief Operating Officer for Magpul Industries.*“These dual moves will be carried out in a manner that ensures our operations and supply chain will not be interrupted and our loyal customers will not be affected.”

The company began a nationwide search for a new base of operations after legislation was enacted in Colorado that dramatically limits the sale of firearms accessories – the core of Magpul’s business.*Magpul plans on initially transitioning 92% of its current workforce outside of Colorado within 12-16 months and will maintain only limited operations in Colorado.

"Moving operations to states that support our culture of individual liberties and personal responsibility is important,” says Richard Fitzpatrick, Chief Executive Officer for Magpul Industries. “This relocation will also improve business operations and logistics as we utilize the strengths of Texas and Wyoming in our expansion."

www.magpul.com/move

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Magpul officially announces move

Only negative thing about this is that the current employee's will be either jobless or have to relocate out of state (if offered the opportunity).
    Toujours prêt

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Only negative thing about this is that the current employee's will be either jobless or have to relocate out of state (if offered the opportunity).
    They have no one to blame but their fellow citizens that vote Democrat.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    They have no one to blame but their fellow citizens that vote Democrat.
    Winner^^^^^^
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Berks County)

but they just legalized pot. How progressive....
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Philadelphia County)

I wish the reporter would do some more homework and post the amount of money leaving the state, like tax dollars lost, salaries lost etc etc. That would hammer home the effect of losing different companies because of stupid laws.

Those tax dollars lost are going to have to be made up elsewhere, and guess who is going to be paying more taxes next year people of Colorado?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeinPhilly View Post
    I wish the reporter would do some more homework and post the amount of money leaving the state, like tax dollars lost, salaries lost etc etc. That would hammer home the effect of losing different companies because of stupid laws.

Those tax dollars lost are going to have to be made up elsewhere, and guess who is going to be paying more taxes next year people of Colorado?
    Elections have consequences.

The figure I saw was 85 million, but that covered all the satellite businesses contributing to Magpul production.

2 of 3 clowns voting for the mag capacity limitation were recalled. The third resigned when she was targeted for recall.

In the end, no lives were saved, 85 million dollars of taxable business income was lost and three legislators were ousted.

A huge train wreck for Co.

I seriously doubt the leftists learned the lesson they were taught.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Maryland_Shooter View Post

NOPE! PLENTY more stupidity where that came from!
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Philadelphia County)

Elections have consequences.

The figure I saw was 85 million, but that covered all the satellite businesses contributing to Magpul production.

2 of 3 clowns voting for the mag capacity limitation were recalled. The third resigned when she was targeted for recall.

In the end, no lives were saved, 85 million dollars of taxable business income was lost and three legislators were ousted.

A huge train wreck for Co.

Now that's the type of info that needs to be relayed to the voting public. $85mill divided by x number of people in Co = your new tax increase. News like that should finally get people to start thinking once you hit them in the wallet. I know it would wake me up if my take home pay dropped because taxes jumped because of a few elected officials.

(Allegheny County)

<snip>

85 million dollars of taxable business income was lost and three legislators were ousted.
    <snip>
    Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

Man, We have legal weeeeed man!

And it's like, being taxed man! Who needs like Magpul man?

TWEEEEEEEEEEEETH, TWEEEETH, cough, gasp - oh wow man...
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast