Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: PMSC membership?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidTM View Post
    Well, all I can say to this comment is what I've attempted to communicate all along. If you take the amount of prescription medications that I take, and couple that with the short term memory issues that compound it, then perhaps you wouldn't find this comment so amusing.

OTOH, I do recall being "taught" that if the heater doesn't work.....then don't use the system. Seem's like a pretty simple concept to me. Kind of like when a RED oil light comes on in your car. The engine will still run for days. But, it doesn't mean you should still be driving it.

Dave
    We love ya regardless, Dave.
    Toujours prêt

Hawk... seems to be a name I remember...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Hawk... seems to be a name I remember...
    I remember you too! I remember you punching holes that we needed in a burn barrel with your shotgun. Glad to see that you are on your way to recovery.
    Last edited by Hawk; March 7th, 2014 at 01:42 PM.
    Toujours prêt

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I remember you too! I remember you punching holes that we needed in a burn barrel with your shotgun. Glad to see that you are on your way to recovery.
    Was hard hitting such a large object not moving at 10 feet!
    Hows things out there.. I was thinking I could share snow with you guys so I prayed hard that you get some
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Was hard hitting such a large object not moving at 10 feet!
    Hows things out there.. I was thinking I could share snow with you guys so I prayed hard that you get some
    Funny! We prefer you guys up there keep the snow and the cold to yourselves. Can you hook us up?
    Toujours prêt

Funny! We prefer you guys up there keep the snow and the cold to yourselves. Can you hook us up?
    Actually funny most of the cold and snow we got this year was from the US, not much snow but wow the cold!

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

(Allegheny County)

when i was at orientation last, i heard a comment on there might be plans for a 600yd range?

is this true?! please be so...

EDIT:
    i apparently didn't type an important word. my post was to supposed to say "...orientation last WEEK...".

sorry. i should have proof read.
    Last edited by corey4; March 10th, 2014 at 11:52 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by corey4 View Post
    when i was at orientation last, i heard a comment on there might be plans for a 600yd range?

I wouldn't count on it.

Dave

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by corey4 View Post

When was your orientation, and who did you hear it from? I'd like to follow up on this. The "idea" of adding a 600 yard range is several years old and was hatched by a dedicated group of High Power rifle shooters at the club. It's been highly debated and there are many proponents and only a handful of naysayers at the club regarding this topic. The fight has been championed by at least 3-4 people over the years, each giving up after banging their heads against a wall (the naysayers hold office at the club). If this has come back up as a proposition recently (as in the past 3 months) I'd like to know so I can dig into it further.
    Last edited by Hawk; March 10th, 2014 at 09:10 PM.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

When was your orientation, and who did you hear it from? I'd like to follow up on this. The "idea" of adding a 600 yard range is several years old and was hatched by a dedicated group of High Power rifle shooters at the club. It's been highly debated and there are many proponents and only a handful of naysayers at the club regarding this topic. The fight has been championed by at least 3-4 people over the years, each giving up after banging their heads against a wall (the naysayers hold office at the club). If this has come back up as a proposition recently (as in the past 3 months) I'd like to know so I can dig into it further.
    i had my orientation last week on the 5th at the monthly meeting. i was late to the meeting because of work. i did not get the guys name that was giving the orientation. i showed up at 6:45 with muddy clothes and boots. i was supposed to be there by 6:15 for the indoor pistol range orientation. after that, they went into the club orientation. i barely made it.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910