Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Scranton Times-Tribune attacks open carry rights again!

Quote Originally Posted by 38SnubFan View Post
    Pennsy, I tried to rep you for that, but the system tells me it's time to spread the love again!

I find the use of the word "sheep" to define anti-gun people very amusing, but it just made a very good point appear in my mind.

Why should I be worried about "offending the sheep"? Sheep are not human, they're farm animals; and I'm taught that human beings are a higher priority in this world than a smelly farm animal.

That being said, I'm going to start OCing a lot more often, since I only worry about the feelings and emotions of fellow human beings..........NOT SHEEP!

Thanks for helping me make an educated lifestyle decision.

-38SnubFan
    I am expecting OC at lunch Sun. !!!!!!!!!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jerkin View Post
    Could someone explain to me why virtually all of the media is slanted so far left? I have read the entire OCB thread and not once did I see a report from a mainstream media source that mentions anything about the police trampling the rights of law abiding citizens wilfully and purposely. Every report makes it out to be a bunch of gun nuts getting their just desserts.

I'm not a fool and have realized since I was a teenager that the media is left wing, but my question is why. Of the tens of thousands of media outlets in this country how can it be that 99% of them share the same liberal views? It seems almost impossible that all of those people could share the same opinions on not only guns but many other controversial subjects as well.
    It dates back to King FDR. Apparently a sort of partnership was struck between the Donkey party and the higher ups of the press where the press could get all the access and favors they want in exchange for going along with whatever the Donkeys and their King FDR wanted to push. Big government became known as the public's friend, so the quid pro quo continued. The Depression became the #1 big seller for the press to harp on, and all of the do-gooding the king wanted to push to try to "fix" it, regardless of its consequences, were obviously big stories so both sides got what they wanted. WWII came along and continued such, then the Cold War. Big government was still friend and press was still the eyes and ears of the public. Red scares and the big enemy of the Soviet Union sold a lot of papers, and today it still sells a lot of books and movies. Then came Vietnam--although anti, it still gave them lots of stuff to write about and that sold even more. From that, they saw the power of the press to direct people and it worked. So they kept hanging on to the sensationalism sells approach and have kept it to the present. Simply put, leftism has a lot of sensationalism and that's what makes them money.

Truth willingly sacrificed and completely bastardized in the pursuit of the almighty dollar and the great lure of power. Gee, who would have thought?

(Franklin County)

New article and comments split off into it's own thread.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234