Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fn fns 9 mm

(Monroe County)

Default fn fns 9 mm

Anybody have one? reviews ?

(Chester County)

Default Re: fn fns 9 mm

Sorry don't own one. Just very curious about this gun too. Haven't even got to hold one yet.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

(Lackawanna County)

I have the FNS-40. It is an incredible firearm.

I love it.

I'm guessing other than caliber, the 9mm version is the same great gun.

(Allegheny County)

It's a great gun, I have it in 9 and 40. The trigger is a little soft but that is to be expected. The grip feels great. I use the smaller backstrap. The 9 is very accurate and so is the 40 but it is a little snappier. Only issue I had which I had with my fnx40 and was same on the fns40 was the mag did not drop free. I sent back with the magazines and fn sent me new mags and said it was the mags on the fns. The fnx they actually replaced the frame. They are great guns and I choose the two tone finishes. Take down and cleaning is very easy.

(Montgomery County)

A close relative of mine works for a police department that issues the fns9 and they have a serious problem with the pistol. When mounting a weapon light on the frame rail the pistol jams regularly because the slide does not go back into battery all of the way. This problem was encountered by the majority of the department and appears to be a design flaw.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    A close relative of mine works for a police department that issues the fns9 and they have a serious problem with the pistol. When mounting a weapon light on the frame rail the pistol jams regularly because the slide does not go back into battery all of the way. This problem was encountered by the majority of the department and appears to be a design flaw.
    Oh wow that's interesting. My use for it if I were to get one would only be CC. And since I don't have s light on my CC gun, this wouldnt be an issue. But for anyone looking for a nightstand gun should look elsewhere I imagine.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shisno View Post
    Oh wow that's interesting. My use for it if I were to get one would only be CC. And since I don't have s light on my CC gun, this wouldnt be an issue. But for anyone looking for a nightstand gun should look elsewhere I imagine.
    Fns is pretty big for cc, just FYI. Slide is squarish and thick. It was also hard to find holsters for them, I wound up getting a galco and a fobus, both owb. I never even thought about cc-ing them.

Quote Originally Posted by mike12_nguyen View Post
    Fns is pretty big for cc, just FYI. Slide is squarish and thick. It was also hard to find holsters for them, I wound up getting a galco and a fobus, both owb. I never even thought about cc-ing them.
    Oh I can tell you all about thick and squarish slides for CC! Right now I'm carrying my p229. My complaint would more be the grip length. Looks about the same size as a g17.

(Allegheny County)

I have one and so far I have been pleased, has been 100% reliable so far and very accurate, nice gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast