Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Be prepared: Wall Street advisor recommends guns, ammo for protection in collapse

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    If there were more important tools, the Founding Fathers would have elevated protections of those above the 2A
    Different times, they didn't have batteries, gasoline, electronic communication, generators, canned food, water purification or vehicle stuff to think about.

Default Re: Be prepared: Wall Street advisor recommends guns, ammo for protection in collapse

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Different times, they didn't have batteries, gasoline, electronic communication, generators, canned food, water purification or vehicle stuff to think about.
    Careful now, it has been suggested they didn't mean M16's and incendiary rounds either.

A weapon protects all those other needs and assets. It was seen then as it is seen by many now, a weapon was/is paramount to achieving and maintaining liberty. Others have seen it as the device that assures a subjugated population. Thankfully the framers recognized the potentials of both uses and sided with liberty. Without the gun and the 2A behind us......oh my. Kiss those more modern assets goodbye.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ErSwnn View Post
    Careful now, it has been suggested they didn't mean M16's and incendiary rounds either.

A weapon protects all those other needs and assets. It was seen then as it is seen by many now, a weapon was/is paramount to achieving and maintaining liberty. Others have seen it as the device that assures a subjugated population. Thankfully the framers recognized the potentials of both uses and sided with liberty. Without the gun and the 2A behind us......oh my. Kiss those more modern assets goodbye.
    Chicken or the egg.

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    Chicken or the egg.
    Can't have one without the other.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    If there were more important tools, the Founding Fathers would have elevated protections of those above the 2A
    If your plans don't include both firearms and tools you have no plan. But if you can only pick one.....I can get a shovel if I have a rifle, but I can't get a rifle if all I have is a shovel. Yeah, that comes off as maybe a bit harsh but I think it'll reflect the reality.

I agree that firearms are pretty damn important. They're somewhere in my Top 5 List. But don't get stuck on wars, there are other modes of SHTF. Not all of them involve violence, lack of food, or the ability to carry multiple items. These are the ones I'm talking about.

All others, duh, you should bring a gun...
    They even have minds but do not think. -Dov Fischer

(Northampton County)

I'll print out his instructions and put them in the drawer where I keep George Bush's plastic sheeting and duct tape.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12