Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Americans Don’t Want More Gun Control, Says Poll From Gun Lobby

WASHINGTON (CBS DC) – Just 4 out of 10 Americas think there should be “universal background checks” for sales at gun shows, according to a poll released by the National Sports Shooting Foundation.

The firearms industry trade association said it commissioned the poll to counter claims by gun control advocates that “9 out of 10 Americans” want some form of increased gun control.

Respondents were asked their opinion about closing the so-called gun show loophole after being told in the question that a “A vast majority of guns sold at gun shows are sold by licensed dealers who are required by federal law to conduct background checks before guns are sold. Do you believe additional federal laws like universal background checks are necessary for gun show sales?”

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/...rom-gun-lobby/
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

Default Re: Americans Don’t Want More Gun Control, Says Poll From Gun Lobby

Americans want "government control".

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Americans want "government control".
    Why don't we have background checks on anyone running for office?

Hold them to the standards they wish to impose on us.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Cumberland County)

Our side or not, I find stats from polls hard to believe when they're part of a biased side.

If I polled my friends, 100% of America would be against back grounds checks. We need polls and survey's from non-biased organizations, who couldn't care either way.

And when it comes to universal background checks, I'm willing to bet there are A LOT of people out there who are "pro-gun", who are actually for universal background checks, only because, they're not knowledgeable enough to realize what it would lead to.

Universal background checks sound like a "common sense" idea, on the surface, and could fool many people.

(McKean County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    WASHINGTON (CBS DC) – Just 4 out of 10 Americas think there should be “universal background checks” for sales at gun shows, according to a poll released by the National Sports Shooting Foundation.
    Just a few more millions from the MAIG spin doctors and more fake statistics from the slimy media and we will convince the other 6....
    Marty near God's Country. Making good people defenseless doesn’t make bad people harmless.

(Cumberland County)

People seem to forget that there are already background checks at a lot of these gun shows due to the guns being bought through ffl dealers.

I think people are thinking these gun shows are just nothing but private sellers or something.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    People seem to forget that there are already background checks at a lot of these gun shows due to the guns being bought through ffl dealers.

I think people are thinking these gun shows are just nothing but private sellers or something.
    The vast majority of firearm sales have a background check, yet the media, Dems, and groups like MAIG have convinced many low information types that this is not the case.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    The vast majority of firearm sales have a background check, yet the media, Dems, and groups like MAIG have convinced many low information types that this is not the case.
    Just like how ar15s seem to be the gun of crime. I saw an article which explained how many rifle deaths in New York State for 2011. They had 5... And that is the entire rifle category. Yet they passed that bullshit law regulating a firearm that is used far to murder people than bare hands.

I find it comical to look at my bushmaster and see that it has New York stamped on it as the state it was made in.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterInPA1 View Post
    When the "Gun Lobby " says something it's "the Gun Lobby".

When "Mayors for Illegal Guns" says something you never hear such qualifiers do you?

Old Rhetorical trick - create the false illusion that "everyone knows that this is true".

Gotta also love the sleight of hand of "Universal Gun Checks" - a code for "Gun Registration" as I see it.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kabloosh View Post
    Just like how ar15s seem to be the gun of crime. I saw an article which explained how many rifle deaths in New York State for 2011. They had 5... And that is the entire rifle category. Yet they passed that bullshit law regulating a firearm that is used far to murder people than bare hands.

I find it comical to look at my bushmaster and see that it has New York stamped on it as the state it was made in.

Crime doesn't count. It's about restricting the Right to Keep and Bear Arms by banning guns, one category of firearm at a time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast