Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Smaller carry pistol than G27

I am in the market for a smaller EDC than my glock 27. I've owned the 27 for a few years and it has served me well, it easily concealable IWB with a hoodie but in the summer I'm usually carrying in a pocket holster. I don't mind pocket carry but it's not possible in jeans and the glock gets a little heavy after a few hours.

I've been doing some research for the last week and there have been so many new slim 9/.380 pistols to hit the market it's been a little overwhelming.

I'm gonna hit the shop tomorrow to see what they have but I am going to be looking at a smith bodyguard .380, m&p shield, sig p938/p238 or maybe a revolver.

Anyone carrying any of these pistols or own multiples for comparison? Thanks.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Smaller carry pistol than G27

I switch off depending what I'm wearing P238 and my small lite favorite
    North American Arms 22 LR Magnum.

Wife and I both carry Ruger LCP's when its appropriate.

CL

(Mercer County)

In my personal opinion, there is no longer a reason to carry anything less than a 9mm. They're small, reliable, and better for defense than a .380. I would recommend a Kahr MK9 or PM9, a Bodyguard, or an XDS9. I have shot all of the ones listed, and was very impressed. There are others that look good on paper, but those are ones that I personally have trigger time on.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    In my personal opinion, there is no longer a reason to carry anything less than a 9mm. They're small, reliable, and better for defense than a .380. I would recommend a Kahr MK9 or PM9, a Bodyguard, or an XDS9. I have shot all of the ones listed, and was very impressed. There are others that look good on paper, but those are ones that I personally have trigger time on.
    I have to agree. I stopped carrying a .380 the day I saw what it did or rather did not do when I shot it into a big carnival stuffed animal. I carry an xds9 OWB and love it.

(Philadelphia County)

You guys are right on the .380 but I was toying with the idea even tho I've never considered carrying less than a .40 or .357.

I have fired an LCP and I was not liking the trigger pull or the recoil, it wasn't heavy I have just never shot a ruger that felt right including the sp101 and gp100 except the Blackhawk I owned in .357. I guess .380 was only in my mind because it would be small enough to always be with me and it's better to have a gun and not need it.

I may also just wait it out to see what the new glock 42 will be and hope its a single stack 9.

(Lancaster County)

In the end, it has to be a concealability/weight/comfort issue, for EVERYDAY carry it HAS to be something that you absolutely will carry all of the time. I have larger pistols, that are fantastic, but the one I have with me everyday (unless I decide to carry something heavier/larger/better caliber) is my Kel-Tec p-32 with an armalaser attachment which flattens out the profile adds negligible weight.
    It fits in my back or front pocket and all but disappears. The small Rugers should be similar.
    Good luck ! Cb

(Montgomery County)

Love my Sig 938. EDC for me year around.

(Clarion County)

I can't believe that people complain about the kick from the LCP. Comparing it to my LCR in .357 or 38 spec +p, I find it very comfortable. With the new trigger it is very smooth.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Flyfishing Papa View Post
    I can't believe that people complain about the kick from the LCP. Comparing it to my LCR in .357 or 38 spec +p, I find it very comfortable. With the new trigger it is very smooth.
    I agree the the lcp wasn't really brutal but I've fired .357 in smaller guns and have been comfortable but the perceived recoil of the same round in a gp100 was painful, I guess they just don't fit my hands as well as others

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast