Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Oaks Gun Show at the Philadelphia Expo Center Feb 7-8-9 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ontheborder View Post
    You're right you CAN beat the price and definite inconvenience of fighting clogged traffic, paying door admission, not to mention all that time and instead buy on-line.

Since you wanted a retailer -- although someone said Walmart here's another:

https://www.laxammo.com/ammunition/4...e--q4170/40-91

Maybe my time's more valuable to me but I sure as hell can't beat the convenience of having it delivered to my front door.
    Good price.

I suppose people go to gun shows for different reasons. If I ONLY wanted ammo why would I go to a gun show? More often than not I end up buying nothing. I just go there to watch and touch and see what I never expected to see. More often than not I end up buying nothing and I am still happy. I saw more people coming out with a jar of pickles than anything!

(Montgomery County)

I had planned to go to this one, but a friend suggested a trip to Hamburg instead.

I do not go to the gun show to buy guns. I don't go to the boat show to buy boats. I go to see what unique goodies and accessories I can find. I breeze right past the tables selling all new guns and hover over the ones that look like they should be at a flea market.

I always pick up cleaning brushes and supplies (I probably have enough dental pics to open a practice). Targets, those tear off pads with lots of bright orange designs available. I never miss the jerky sellers. People watching is fun too.

I will make the March show

(Carbon County)

I was set up at the show, and I did know that there were some empty tables...though when I spoke to the promoter there were 1,000+ tables filled but since the show always over books he orders more tables, but between the cancellations of people trying to keep houses warm because of no electric or some dealer friends of mine with sick wives, and people who had to travel distances and did not want to risk there lives the tables equaled out to what the show is "suppose" to be. With that being said over a 1,000 were covered. I was actually surprised of all the people who did come and set up with the horrible storms that have been coming this way. The show coming up is going to be great with 2,000 tables and the whole building and I am sure we won't be getting any giant snow/ice storms then so I know I will be set up there with a couple tables! Price wise its just like shopping around for any other purchase..you have to shop around! Some people are high some people are low. You always have to remember you have to talk to the dealers, sometimes (like me) you can always go lower with a little cash. That being said come see me at my tables at the oaks show, not sure where they are going to be yet but the whole building is being rented out for the show.

(Montgomery County)

Fartsarc,

Could you let us in on the inside story. For example, what are your sales like compared to your store( assuming you have one)? Do your pice your items differently compared to the store? How do buyers treat you? With such large crowds how do you protect against theft? Do you make more or less than a typical weekend at the store.

(Bucks County)

The March show I'm going to have try to make a most-of-the-day kind of thing. Normally I go in, browse up and down isles not stopping for much but going slow so I can take it all in and I'm done in maybe 2-3 hours. But with 2k tables, this may be a get there at 10 and leave at 4 day.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314