Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Canik 55 TP-9 - Any thoughts or experience?

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience or opinions about the Canik 55 TP-9? I couldn't find any mention of it here so far. I've done some research and I like the way the gun looks (I like the titanium colored one for some reason) and the accessories it comes with for the price (around $350) make it seem like a good value.

Here they are at century:

www.centuryarms.biz/products.asp?cat=21&pg=2

I got to hold one at the Oaks show yesterday (first time I've seen it in person) and like the way it felt but it has a weird "pre-primed" striker system and the trigger felt like it was grinding on something inside. This review was a good one that talks a bit about both of those issues.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-canik55-tp-9/

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Canik 55 TP-9 - Any thoughts or experience?

It is a really good gun for the price. My cousin has one and it was ridiculously accurate. I was thinking about getting one myself. Check out Budsgunshop.com. I think they have some there for a really good price.

(Lycoming County)

I've been researching these as well. They look like a good bargain with all they come with.

They're bassically a Walther p99 copy with some differences. (the mag release is in the right spot IMO)

I haven't had a chance to hold one in person. I was hoping to at the Harrisburg show last weekend but didn't see any.

Hopefully someone that owns one will chime in as the reviews look pretty good so far on them.

J&G sales has the black one for $299 right now. The Titanium is still $349 though. I'm kinda liking the green, also $349.

(Bucks County)

surplus city in feasterville has them in stock and to me they seem like a great pistol for the money. pistol grip fits comfortable in my hand, fit/finish is OK, and comes with a few nice accessories. for anyone with a limited budget or doesn't want to spend 500 bucks on a glock these seem like a good alternative and much better than a hipoint.

(Bucks County)

Do you know what Surplus City is selling them for?

centerfiresystems.com has any color for 299

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jettagls00 View Post
    Do you know what Surplus City is selling them for?
    i think they were a little over 300 bucks

(Montgomery County)

It looks like Classic Firearms just got them back in stock. They're $320 with free shipping and classic doesn't charge a CC fee. I'm not seriously shopping for anything right now but it may be on my list for the future.

http://www.classicfirearms.com/hand-...nufacturer=189

(Northampton County)

I spent about 4 months evaluating one of these - first off for the money what you get with the pistol holster and accessories you can't lose. I spent 4 months shooting it about 1500 rounds down the pipe zero malfunctions. The gun borrows a lot from the S&W design and of course it is a decocker and I like those. Sights were okay ,about the only thing that gave me a problem was the trigger feel. It was like a two stage trigger, once I had mastered it I hit very well with the pistol. Initially I had accuracy problems due to the trigger feel. Overall not a bad pistol for the money.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I spent about 4 months evaluating one of these - first off for the money what you get with the pistol holster and accessories you can't lose. I spent 4 months shooting it about 1500 rounds down the pipe zero malfunctions. The gun borrows a lot from the S&W design and of course it is a decocker and I like those. Sights were okay ,about the only thing that gave me a problem was the trigger feel. It was like a two stage trigger, once I had mastered it I hit very well with the pistol. Initially I had accuracy problems due to the trigger feel. Overall not a bad pistol for the money.
    Thanks for chiming in. I know from reading a lot of your past posts you like to try out a lot of the Turkish stuff. I'm not a striker fired expert (in fact nothing I own is striker fired) but I had assumed that strikers were all DAO. This threw me off when I was holding it at the show when I realized it was SA/DA. Weird, not necessarily bad, but I found it weird.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast