Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Scotia Hit-and-Run

So here's the deal...
    My buddy (who isn't on PAFOA, hence me posting for him) was headed to the Scotia range from the Greys Woods entrance, and when coming around that one sharp turn, there was a truck speeding and driving in the middle of the road coming from the range. This was around 130-2pm today (12/21). To avoid a head on collision my buddy braked and swerved off the road and ended up hitting a couple trees. Fortunately, he slowed down a good amount and the airbags didn't even deploy. However, there is a decent amount of damage to his truck.
    The guy stopped for a second, and then I guess decided to leave because he knew it was his fault.
    He was driving a tan Ford F150, 95-2000 body style and was tall and and kind of lanky. If anyone knows who this is, please give me his contact info to forward to my friend. He's really upset and was stuck in a ditch, left there by another firearms owner who ran him into that ditch.

Any help is appreciated.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Scotia Hit-and-Run

Doesn't sound like a hit and run. Legally your friend is out of luck since there was no contact between the vehicles. It's been years since I've been to Scotia but the road was pretty rough, narrow and crowded at times to be going much over 20 safely. Sounds like both parties were at fault here though it sucks your friend was left stuck unable to move. Best left to chalk it up as a lesson learned and be more cautious in the future.

(Centre County)

Can your buddy give us more info on the truck? I/we can keep our eyes open and maybe get a plate number.

Reg cab, extended cab, 4 door, etc.....
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Centre County)

He said he thinks it was a regular cab, possibly extended. Definitely not a quad cab. As far as what it is and what it isn't, he talked to both his insurance and a police officer (he decided to file a report). In the eyes of both, a driver speeding in the center of a two-lane country road isn't itself incriminating. The act of stopping for a second, then deciding to hop in the truck and drive off IS, however, admitting fault to aggressive/dangerous driving, in this case causing an accident. If this person is identified (at this point, I kinda hope he his just so karma can have its day), he will be facing fines along with his insurance being responsible for the damage. Thanks for the replies thus far guys!

(Lackawanna County)

Tall, lanky guy driving a Ford pick-up truck.

I don't think there is anyone on this forum that matches that description.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmshuck View Post
    He said he thinks it was a regular cab, possibly extended. Definitely not a quad cab. As far as what it is and what it isn't, he talked to both his insurance and a police officer (he decided to file a report). In the eyes of both, a driver speeding in the center of a two-lane country road isn't itself incriminating. The act of stopping for a second, then deciding to hop in the truck and drive off IS, however, admitting fault to aggressive/dangerous driving, in this case causing an accident. If this person is identified (at this point, I kinda hope he his just so karma can have its day), he will be facing fines along with his insurance being responsible for the damage. Thanks for the replies thus far guys!
    It'll be his words against his with no credible witness, nor evidence, that's IF tan truck in question is ever identified.
    Im sorry for your friend, but I think he would be out of lack(as unfair as it may be sound)

This is why I come from Gatesburg entrance, and no longer use the gray's wood entrance.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere