Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Exclamation Ruger LCRx... Looks interesting

Always wanted to get a LCR, but nothing is wrong with my 442. But, I wonder if this will be coming out in all the calibers the regular LCR is in (22lr, 22wmr, 38, 357…)??

The DA on a regular LCR was always pretty good, I'm hoping the SA will be rockin' on this one….

http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/index.html

http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/specSheets/5430.html
    Last edited by FLICK; December 19th, 2013 at 05:47 PM.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: Ruger LCRx... Looks interesting

It's got my interest. I'd like to get it in .357.

(Blair County)

I'm trying to figure out the idea of putting an exposed hammer on an LCR. Obviously it was designed as a concealed carry gun, more than likely kept in a pocket holster given it's size and weight. The exposed hammer is just something to snag on clothes during draw. The sub 2" barrel is poop for accuracy over about 10 yards, and that's being generous, so a single action trigger pull isn't necessary for target shooting. Should it need to be deployed in a self defense situation and actually fired in a hurry you are going to use double action anyway.

I got an lcr in .38spl +p for my fiancee for the size, weight, and ease of concealment so my above post is from some experience with the lcr.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Trucker76 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out the idea of putting an exposed hammer on an LCR. Obviously it was designed as a concealed carry gun, more than likely kept in a pocket holster given it's size and weight. The exposed hammer is just something to snag on clothes during draw. The sub 2" barrel is poop for accuracy over about 10 yards, and that's being generous, so a single action trigger pull isn't necessary for target shooting. Should it need to be deployed in a self defense situation and actually fired in a hurry you are going to use double action anyway.

I got an lcr in .38spl +p for my fiancee for the size, weight, and ease of concealment so my above post is from some experience with the lcr.
    I keep a 6" group at 25 yards with my LCR in .38, even though I've only been able to shoot about twice per year.

Look at the J-frames. They've been selling models with hammers for years. I imagine that Ruger wants to fill in the gaps in the LCR line for people who fear the (still light, IMO) weight of the SP101.
    Last edited by Breadman03; December 22nd, 2013 at 05:07 PM.

(Berks County)

I'm a Smith & Wesson fan, but my LCR is top notch. I love the trigger action. Single action now adds more usefulness as a walk in the woods/back packer gun. I want one. Or two