Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Browning A-5 *Deep Cleaning and Restoration*

Just finished another Auto 5 over the weekend and wanted to share. By far the oldest one that I have had the pleasure of messing with. It is definitely pre-war. Enjoy!

(Philadelphia County)

Nice job. Now I have to look for one.

(Franklin County)

You do very nice work. Here is my Light Twelve made in Belgium in 1971. I have tried to be careful with it when in the field. It's in excellent condition with only a few minor scratches on the stock. Bluing is like new. It was bought in Allentown, Pa. in 1972 from a gun shop that closed years ago.
    Navy ⚓️ 1965–1969

(Bucks County)

I just had mine reblued by precision bluing. THey said one of the parts was worn and broke. The part where the button is mounted. I have it back from them and am working on the stock.

This stock is difficult because of the checkering. I will probably have to start over again.

The for end is complete.

Mine is a light 12 made in belgium i think from the 50's or 60's it was my fathers.

He was the original owner.

He and I both hunted with it. Fixed modified choke no vented rib and round butt stock.

When I finish with the oil I will post some picts.

Did you re blue your second one?

(Northampton County)

Default For bluing you could try..........

..............Mahovsky's. You would probably be better off with doing your own polishing first. I cannot attest to his bluing but my FEG High Power got hard chromed there and I'm really a happy camper about it! Now he has my Astra A70. And I have more plans for him.

Love your A5's. One of these days I'll be able to afford one. Except I want the Savage 720. It'll go well with my Savage Model 21, which is a project in itself. Actually have two. One from my uncle and the other a cheap parts gun from GunBroker. Bought it because it's a break down shotgun. Now I have a 30 inch full and a 28 inch modified barrels that can be changed out! Everything needs work. Just got a buttstock from Boyds. Need to strip down the wood forearms and hopefully get everything to match. Need one more barrel set up. Would like to have a 20-22 inch multi-purpose barrel with chokes. The magazine tube holds 6 rounds. And if desired all you have to do is hold the trigger and pump for rapid fire. Not advised as I found out in my internet reading, wears out the sear.

Even saw a 720 advertised here, but alas, too many projects, not enough funds! Hopefully my projects will come out as nice as your A5's! I'm just starting to get into this stuff. Just gathering parts now. Keep up the good work! Hopefully I can get guidance from you on a 720 in the future.
    I just like to pop in every now and then to see what nancyinpa has for sale.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: For bluing you could try..........

Thanks to all for the positive comments! I love working on these guns and the history behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    I just had mine reblued by precision bluing. THey said one of the parts was worn and broke. The part where the button is mounted. I have it back from them and am working on the stock.

This stock is difficult because of the checkering. I will probably have to start over again.

The for end is complete.

Mine is a light 12 made in belgium i think from the 50's or 60's it was my fathers.

He was the original owner.

He and I both hunted with it. Fixed modified choke no vented rib and round butt stock.

When I finish with the oil I will post some picts.

Did you re blue your second one?
    I have not yet had the balls to re-blue one yet. The original blueing is so unique and I would hate to mess up a classic. Just keep 'em oiled up. Would love to see some pictures when complete.

Quote Originally Posted by KevininPa View Post
    ..............Mahovsky's. You would probably be better off with doing your own polishing first. I cannot attest to his bluing but my FEG High Power got hard chromed there and I'm really a happy camper about it! Now he has my Astra A70. And I have more plans for him.

Love your A5's. One of these days I'll be able to afford one. Except I want the Savage 720. It'll go well with my Savage Model 21, which is a project in itself. Actually have two. One from my uncle and the other a cheap parts gun from GunBroker. Bought it because it's a break down shotgun. Now I have a 30 inch full and a 28 inch modified barrels that can be changed out! Everything needs work. Just got a buttstock from Boyds. Need to strip down the wood forearms and hopefully get everything to match. Need one more barrel set up. Would like to have a 20-22 inch multi-purpose barrel with chokes. The magazine tube holds 6 rounds. And if desired all you have to do is hold the trigger and pump for rapid fire. Not advised as I found out in my internet reading, wears out the sear.

Even saw a 720 advertised here, but alas, too many projects, not enough funds! Hopefully my projects will come out as nice as your A5's! I'm just starting to get into this stuff. Just gathering parts now. Keep up the good work! Hopefully I can get guidance from you on a 720 in the future.
    Thank you. More than willing to help any way I can. Let me know.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678