Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default PA Tactical Training Center -Grand Opening

PTTC is opening a new facility in Pittsburgh, Pa area. The center will be located at 3544 Rt.51 or one block from Brownsville Rd. and 51. the center specializes in all levels of law-enforcement, security, and civilian training, please visit our web site for full details. www.patactical.net

The Grand Opening will be Feb 1,2014

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: PA Tactical Training Center -Grand Opening

Just a suggestion…. Your site doesn’t tell who you are or what your credentials and qualifications are. As someone who recommends training for my department, that’s stuff that I look for before I consider throwing money towards a company.

(Butler County)

I agree with SteelCity. If I'm going to attend a formal training, I really want to know the instructors credentials. Also, I'd recommend writing up some descriptions of what is all covered in at least your firearms classes(didn't look at the others since I'm a civilian). It's hard to know if for instance, the basic class you offer is more advanced than any training I've taken and would be worth my time or not.

(Lancaster County)

No bio..... Strike 1

The very first image on the "Promo" video shows a shooter with his thumb behind the slide......Strike 2

Same promo video is chock full of BS indicators, verbiage, and hype..... Strike 3

I think I will pass, there is lots of training in P-Burg area.

(Allegheny County)

I have no idea if this is the creation of a forum member, but I'd like to offer some constructive criticism.

That intro video is terrible. It may appeal to teen wannabes, but it looks like a couple guys that met up at the range, videotaped themselves being "tactical" and then had a friend of a friend of a friend who "knows a guy" add some "badass audio" to give it that OOOMPF it needed.

It was overdone and appears amateurish. The website would benefit by it not being there.
    I worked in advertising for over ten years (not in sales - in design) and one of the first things you learn is that if if there's something in an ad that isn't HELPING it, it's HURTING it.

Also, that first "testimonial" prominently displayed on the home page is chock full of bad grammar.

"I recently completed firearms training with PTTC and I also took part in a tactical shooting class. I have been born and raised around guns my entire life, as well as have been ..."
    Seriously. Those may not be YOUR words, but they DO represent YOU - it's on your web page. I was turned off right there.

The body of the text on the main page is also filled with punctuation and capitalization errors.

I know that hiring someone to do copy writing can be expensive, but it's your business and you want to appear as professionals. Asking your wife to proofread the copy is not sufficient.

Best of luck to you.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Your logo bears a resemblance to Police SWAT logos.

Are you guys active SWAT operators?

Lee Vineyard | LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/pub/lee-vineyard/21/b32/b06
    Last edited by DaveM55; December 16th, 2013 at 01:05 PM.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Lancaster County)

The logo is commonly used by SWAT teams and is also the copywritten property of Center Mass Inc. From what I understand they are very aggressive in enforcing that copyright. You may want to strongly consider a redesign of your logo whether you are a SWAT cop or not.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankC1776 View Post
    The logo is commonly used by SWAT teams and is also the copywritten property of Center Mass Inc. From what I understand they are very aggressive in enforcing that copyright. You may want to strongly consider a redesign of your logo whether you are a SWAT cop or not.

Oh wow. I looked it up. Direct copy - removed the "registered trademark" and added some crap.

Bad. Very, very bad.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

I'd suggest you also reduce the size of the photos you're using in the gallery. There's really no reason for them to be 1936x1296. Makes them slow to load. If you had pictures up there that showed something with intricate detail, then sure but make a thumbnail of a reduced size with a link to the actual size.

I don't really need to see a huge picture of a couple people talking and it taking several seconds to load in a small frame.

Please go through your site and make sure that you have everything grammatically correct. Just because you don't get the red squiggly line indicating a word is spelled improperly doesn't mean you're using the correct word.
    Last edited by streaker69; December 16th, 2013 at 01:40 PM.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast