Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Anthony Arms question

I had a Ruger MkII pistol on layaway at AA. I put $100 down about a month ago, and just gave them another $70 a couple weeks ago. Last night I get a call from them, that they want all layaways picked up by next weekend. I told the man on the phone that I couldn't come up with the cash by then (they offer 90 days). He tells me to come up and they'll refund my money. WTF??? I got a full refund tonight. When I asked why they were changing, I was told "I don't know, they're revamping the layaways" and they've "been fielding calls all day on it". It makes no sense to me. If they were to change the policy on new layaways, it'd make sense. Why renege on a deal and lose the sale? I've had some problems with them before, but this has me scratching my head. Maybe it's me.
    F the NFL!

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Anthony Arms question

Sounds like they are going out of business. To treat customers like that, they may as well. How many repeat customers would stand for treatment like that?

(Allegheny County)

"Closing" was the first thing I thought of too.
    However, for anyone who hasn't been there, it's not a hole in the wall shop that looks like it's struggling. The place is pretty nice as far as gun shops go. Lots of seriously expensive firearms on display.

Look at the very bottom of their web page to see all the other businesses they own. http://www.anthonyarms.com/

Unless this shop is costing him money, they are facing a major lawsuit, or he just got bored with it, I can't imagine why it would close.

Strange though. Let the rumors begin!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Delaware County)

I did not know these were the same people that owned Anthony Crane rentals.

To say that Ray Anthony is a multi millionaire would be an understatement. His crane rental business is the largest in the country.

(Westmoreland County)

I've got admit that's the first thing I thought of, but when I was there tonight, it looked like business as usual. Despite the issiues I've had in the past, I'd still hate to see them go. Every now and again, I'd run into a deal there. If nothing else, it was somewhere to go and get my testosterone batteries recharged.
    F the NFL!

(Fayette County)

just got the updated scoop......Anthony's was forced to apply for a new FFL License. The store and range is going to remain uneffected , However, the process for getting their new license is supposed to take 6 months. they are not going to be able to sell /buy/transfer guns during this time period. That was the reason for having customers pick up there guns. They said that the info. is going to be posted on there web page as well.