Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default 1911 smith in Bucks Co.?

Any recommendations for a 1911 smith in Bucks County ? I have an early SA TRP in need of some trigger work and new sights..

(Delaware County)

Default Re: 1911 smith in Bucks Co.?

Send it back to the mother ship. They are not really expensive and turn around time isn't too bad either. I sent my TRP back for sights, an action job and removal of the front cocking serrations. I have an SS pistol, so no refinishing was required.

I got a call from Dave Williams to confirm what I wanted before any work was done. Should you ever want to sell the pistol you will have a piece of paper from Springfield Armory Custom Shop identifying exactly what was done to the gun (not from some unknown shop/pistol-smith).

Give them a call on Monday and ask. Keep in mind that Christmas and the Shot Show (1/14 thru the 17th) may delay your work no matter who does it.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: 1911 smith in Bucks Co.?

Sean Reed (user name: cdi) is located in Chalfont and does very good work. Take a look at the "Where to spend money" forum. There are plenty of folks who have had nothing but excellent experiences with Sean.

A trigger job and swapping out of the sights should be easy enough to take care of.