Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Colt usmc cqcb vs sig scorpion

I was wondering if anyone had a colt usmc cqcb, if so how does it compare to the sig 1911 scorpion with a rail. I have the railed scorpion and love it. If you haven't seen the usmc google the picture, I'm interested in it but don't see a +2k difference versus my scorpion.

for comparison, my scorpion (with my pelican case)
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

i don't have a pic of the colt usmc.

they are going for $3000+ right now and quite frankly even without shooting it no way should it cost as much as my nighthawk or ed brown. Maybe i'm wrong if someone has one let me know if it really is that great. I made an offer on GB for $2500 and the guy told me to go pound sand. these things retail for $1900 and i think its a stretch at that.

(Huntingdon County)

Default Re: Colt usmc cqcb vs sig scorpion

To be honest - I don't see a difference either. I suppose the reason that it's that highly priced is the "cool" factor of owning a weapon used by a very very small portion of the military. That demand is driving the price way up.

I'd keep your Sig. It's quite a fine piece.

I agree, the Sig is probably just as good. I think you are paying for the name/exclusivity on that particular pistol.

My thoughts are the Colt USMC comes out of the Colt custom shop, so I would guess that it is probably fitted and finished better than the Sig. Not dissing the sig, but the custom shop stuff from Colt generally tends to be nice than regular production guns.

In any case, I have seen the sig scorpion and they are damn nice guns for the money.

I've gone back and forth on the USMC CQB. I am not going to pay 3k for one, but may put a deposit on one at my LGS and play the waiting game.

ETA: Here is a thread over on the 1911 forums about this.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=390168
    Last edited by glocke12; December 15th, 2013 at 09:54 AM.

(Bucks County)

I own the Sig Extreme(black nitron vers of scorpion) and love it. Its very tight and accurate. IMO, having Colt on the side of any weapon ups the price needlessly.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
    My thoughts are the Colt USMC comes out of the Colt custom shop, so I would guess that it is probably fitted and finished better than the Sig. Not dissing the sig, but the custom shop stuff from Colt generally tends to be nice than regular production guns.

In any case, I have seen the sig scorpion and they are damn nice guns for the money.

I've gone back and forth on the USMC CQB. I am not going to pay 3k for one, but may put a deposit on one at my LGS and play the waiting game.

ETA: Here is a thread over on the 1911 forums about this.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=390168
    I watched a disassembly video of the colt and the guy was able to turn the bushing by hand pretty easy, that made me question the fitting of these. My nighthawk took a tool and a rubber mallet to turn the first time and after that it was tight as hell.

Thanks for the responses guys, I think I'm going to wait and see if price drops, I'm not seeing the value for the colt unless it's below $1900.

I will say that I love my scorpion. The trigger is great but I hate the look. I was thinking of switching it out or maybe just cerakote it black or bronze.
    Last edited by mike12_nguyen; December 15th, 2013 at 10:22 AM.