Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Change of plans..got a Glock 23

Just a few days after posting I was in need of a CZ 75b, I switch it up and picked up a Glock 23 from a fellow member.
    About two weeks ago, I was at the range and a guy asked if I wanted to try his Glock 23. I was not real interested as I had all but written off the cartridge with my experiences with a CZ 40b and an XD40 service. Both of those left me with a negative impression of the 40 s&w and I ended up selling them.
    Well, I took up his offer and shot it. I liked it. I liked it a lot. It wasn't as snappy and my mind was changed on the cartridge then and there. A few days ago, I saw on the classifieds a member selling his with three 13 rnd mags, low round count(no way of knowing for sure) and in great condition..I offered $400 and the deal was made.
    Before I even took possession of it, I ordered a set of dies and today I ordered a conversion barrel to 9mm.

Default Re: Change of plans..got a Glock 23

Congratulations on the new toy. The G23 is a great carry gun. It's small & can be concealed easily, but still big enough to handle comfortably.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Monroe County)

So, basically, you bought a compact 9mm that also shots .40 s&w for around $500?
    “When a man cannot chose, he ceases to be a man.”

Quote Originally Posted by Arrdy View Post
    So, basically, you bought a compact 9mm that also shots .40 s&w for around $500?
    A-Glock-and-a-half!
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Smile Re: Change of plans..got a Glock 23

Cant go wrong with a Glock,and How much was the conversion Barrel ?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Cant go wrong with a Glock,and How much was the conversion Barrel ?
    $120 shipped. I've owned several G17's and G21's, this is first to vary from full size. To answer Arrdy, if that's the way u want to look at it. I reload, and have a ton of 9mm components, mostly lead.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    $120 shipped. I've owned several G17's and G21's, this is first to vary from full size. To answer Arrdy, if that's the way u want to look at it. I reload, and have a ton of 9mm components, mostly lead.
    If I was going to swap out the barrel on my G23, I'd go .357 Sig. My 92F does a great job with 9mm and Sig brass is finally available at Midway.

Have fun with it.
    “When a man cannot chose, he ceases to be a man.”

(Bucks County)

I picked up a Glock 23 summer of 2012 for $350 and a second Glock .40 mag for $20.
    Then I bought a 9mm conversion for $110 because I reload 9mm and to date don't care to get into reloading .40 or shooting it at targets.

The Sig .357 is a necked-down .40, so the .40 magazines work for the Sig .357.
    Altho I bought four 9mm Glock Magazines, I have tried 9mm in the .40 magazines and they feed fine. The Sig .357 arguably has more punch than a .40 and the conversion for carry makes sense. Same number of rounds, but lighter total weight, too.

Mine came with Tijicon night sights that still glow (gun serial number checks out to November 2004) and an 8-pound trigger that quickly became a 5.5. I also recently purchased and installed the grips that sell for around $20. There are a lot of options with the 23.

(Bucks County)

I don't see much of an advantage to use the 357 Sig. Bullet weights are those of 9mm, and velocities and muzzle energies are comparable to +p and +p+ 9mm. Maybe I'm missing something, but that option is at least there of ever needed.

(Cumberland County)

Congrats - great purchase ! I really like my G23C - perfect size and I enjoy the 40 cal.. Still need to add a G19 to my Glock collecton - already have a
    23c, 22 and 39 but won't feel complete until I get a 17 or 19 and like the compact 19 more Enjoy your new purchases!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast