Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: 2 new ones

(Cumberland County)

Default 2 new ones

So I was bidding on 3 gunbroker auctions that all ended today. I bid super low on all three so no high hopes - but, as my luck would have it, I won 2 of the 3
    The first, a nice old Smith and Wesson 30-1 in 32 s&w. The only "detraction" is the hammer was professionally bobbed - but for the low price, I just have to decide weather I'll keep it that way, or buy a new hammer.
    The second is an odd little piece. No brand on it, just "German" 22 top break. Price too embarrasingly low to mention - let's just say the transfer will cost more than the gun ( dealer could not verify age so would not do a C&R ). If anyone can id the 22, let me know. I first thought RG - but most of them are marked pretty good. I know there were several other odd ball German gun makers.
    Can't wait to get them both and back to the range!

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(York County)

Default Re: 2 new ones

That's awesome. I never find deals like that on GB. I did get a great deal on some 9mm ammo. 500 rounds of WWB shipped to my door for $90 and this was during the days of empty shelves.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. Benjamin Franklin

(Jefferson County)

Nice Smith! I wouldn't change the hammer if I had it. It would make a nice pocket snubby without the spur.

The German piece..... well, ahhh, mmmm, it is a gun.. lol It does have RG characteristics for sure, and it appears to be as half-assed engineered as an RG.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Jefferson County)

Well... I've been trying to figure out what the .22 is for 3 hours with no luck..

The barrel band front sight is very similar to RG guns, so is the overall profile of the gun. But as you said, RG is usually good at marking their guns.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Well... I've been trying to figure out what the .22 is for 3 hours with no luck..

The barrel band front sight is very similar to RG guns, so is the overall profile of the gun. But as you said, RG is usually good at marking their guns.
    Yeah, I'm stumped, will have to check it out when it arrives. Like you said, the barrel and front site looks RG, but I was not able to find any top break RG that looked anything like it??? Hey, for $25 if all else fails it will be a nice paperweight Thank!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

Nice Smith! I wouldn't change the hammer if I had it. It would make a nice pocket snubby without the spur.

The German piece..... well, ahhh, mmmm, it is a gun.. lol It does have RG characteristics for sure, and it appears to be as half-assed engineered as an RG.
    Yeah, I was debating on the hammer. I kind of like it - but was thinking of putting it back to original. Decision may be made for me though, can't find a hammer anywhere - Numerich, etc.. One room said the 36 had the same hammer, but haven't been able to find one of those either. Will have to look for a beat up, non functioning s&w maybe to buy cheap for the hammer if I decide to swap it out. Tx!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Yeah, I'm stumped, will have to check it out when it arrives. Like you said, the barrel and front site looks RG, but I was not able to find any top break RG that looked anything like it??? Hey, for $25 if all else fails it will be a nice paperweight Thank!
    $25? Nice! I haven't bought a $25 gun in close to 20 years.. I used to buy $20-$50 Ring-of-Fire pistols all the time in FL back in the day. Pawnshops would call me up when they bought one, received in trade, or the pawn time frame ran out. One place jokingly said they would spring for a big rubber stamp to fill out the 4473 with my info for me with as many "junkers" I used to buy.

Even if she is unsafe to shoot - $25 isn't bad for a paperweight or wall hanger..

If you don't mind me asking - what did you pay for the Smith?

(Cumberland County)

$25? Nice! I haven't bought a $25 gun in close to 20 years.. I used to buy $20-$50 Ring-of-Fire pistols all the time in FL back in the day. Pawnshops would call me up when they bought one, received in trade, or the pawn time frame ran out. One place jokingly said they would spring for a big rubber stamp to fill out the 4473 with my info for me with as many "junkers" I used to buy.

Even if she is unsafe to shoot - $25 isn't bad for a paperweight or wall hanger..

If you don't mind me asking - what did you pay for the Smith?
    $272. I've seen them go upward of $500+ in good shape so felt $272 was a good price.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Jefferson County)

$272 is a good deal for a S&W revolver any day of the week.

Around these parts they sell for nearly new prices, sometimes more..