Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Did they make a mistake?

Good evening, ladies and gents,

I'm new to the forums (but don't hold that against me), and I recently (within the last week) went up to Media to apply for my LTCF.

Today I received in the mail a letter reading:
    PENNSYLVANIA LICENSE TO CARRY FIREARMS RENEWAL

Your Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms Permit expires on : 2/23/2014. To renew your license, please complete the enclosed application and bring it, along with identification, to our office.
    (etc., etc.)
    Now, given that I only applied 6 days ago, I immediately assumed it was too quick to be accepted (or rejected, for that matter), so I'm going to go ahead and assume that this isn't normal. I don't currently have an LTCF, so it makes no sense to send me a new permit/renewal application form. The application attached, too, is the exact same one that I printed, completed, and filed less than two weeks ago, so it's not like they're telling me "you filed the wrong form, please try again."

Is this, for whatever reason, normal for LTCFs in DelCo, or has the Sheriff's Office messed up on my application?

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Did they make a mistake?

They screwed up

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJon View Post
    They screwed up
    Dang, that's exactly what I was hoping not to hear haha... so is it so FUBAR that I need to go and start the process over again, or will they just ignore it and continue with my application?

Thanks for the quick response.
    Last edited by ChemicalReaper; December 13th, 2013 at 07:43 PM.

(Bucks County)

With some tact and understanding, show up and explain that you are applying for a NEW LTCF and that you received this Renewal notice in error. They may thank you for being understanding and get it done. Can't hurt to spread a little sugar.

(Bucks County)

Talking Re: Did they make a mistake?

You probably have a warrant for old parking tickets in a city you've never been to (happens to blind Pittsburgh residents all the time, Philadelphia Police corruption!) and this is their way of saving man-power/overtime to reel your ass in!

" Hi, I got this nice letter in the mai...." FREEZE DIRTBAG! TAZER, TAZER, TAZER!!!!!" Let us know when you're going up there will ya? I like good drama!

Oh yeah, welcome to the Board. Now quit posting and get a lawyer!!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    You probably have a warrant for old parking tickets in a city you've never been to (happens to blind Pittsburgh residents all the time, Philadelphia Police corruption!) and this is their way of saving man-power/overtime to reel your ass in!

" Hi, I got this nice letter in the mai...." FREEZE DIRTBAG! TAZER, TAZER, TAZER!!!!!" Let us know when you're going up there will ya? I like good drama!

Oh yeah, welcome to the Board. Now quit posting and get a lawyer!!
    A warrant for parking tickets I've never received, for a car I've barely driven, and pretty much only parked in my driveway? Welcome to Philly!

I'm a pre-law student -- the idea was so I wouldn't have to pay anyone else to do my lawyering in the future

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill67 View Post
    With some tact and understanding, show up and explain that you are applying for a NEW LTCF and that you received this Renewal notice in error. They may thank you for being understanding and get it done. Can't hurt to spread a little sugar.

Good advice. No matter what you're going to have to deal with that one lady who works the desk there. Better stay in her good graces.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalReaper View Post
    Good evening, ladies and gents,

I'm new to the forums (but don't hold that against me), and I recently (within the last week) went up to Media to apply for my LTCF.

Today I received in the mail a letter reading:

Now, given that I only applied 6 days ago, I immediately assumed it was too quick to be accepted (or rejected, for that matter), so I'm going to go ahead and assume that this isn't normal. I don't currently have an LTCF, so it makes no sense to send me a new permit/renewal application form. The application attached, too, is the exact same one that I printed, completed, and filed less than two weeks ago, so it's not like they're telling me "you filed the wrong form, please try again."

Is this, for whatever reason, normal for LTCFs in DelCo, or has the Sheriff's Office messed up on my application?

Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    As stated just take the paperwork in and explain the situation. I think you'll find it easily resolved. Better yet call them.

(Delaware County)

Okay, so, thank you for the responses, everyone.

I'm on the fence about calling, as I'm not really sure what they can say beyond, "we don't know/we can't really solve this over the phone."

My inner-lawyer wants to wait until mid-January, go in with a copy of 37 Pa. Code §33.114, and query why I wasn't approved or denied within the 45 day limit. I know they won't do anything about it, but I enjoy being legally right

(York County)

You may be over-thinking this. You should probably go back to the Sheriff's office and pick up your LTCF.

Here's the way it happens in York County:

1) You apply, in person or by mail.
    2) When your app is approved you receive from the Sheriff:
    a) a phone call, or
    b) an email, or
    c) a post card
    ...informing you that your LTCF is ready for you to pick up.

My guess is that they simply sent you the wrong post card, a renewal reminder. Of course it is also possible that their screw-up is even worse, but at least you aren't being informed that you have been denied.

It's up to you, but if it were me I would simply call them. I know from experience that the York County Sheriff's office is both friendly and professional, what is your experience with Delaware Co.?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast