Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    (Chester County)

Default Re: HORRIBLE range experience, Wexford. PA

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    Some of the safest bunch of people I've ever shot with are the participants of the Battle of Rauchtown.

No sh!t????

There must have been a "ducking and covering" drill somewhere because NOBODY there ever crossed a line without verifying from top to bottom that the line was COLD....

PAFOA empty chamber flags out....
    - bamboomaster

If you are totally confident the gun isn't loaded put it in your mouth and pull the trigger. That's the first rule of retard gun safety.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    If you are totally confident the gun isn't loaded put it in your mouth and pull the trigger. That's the first rule of retard gun safety.
    What's the nerco poster version of this?
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanW View Post
    Whats really funny about this is I am a USPSA certified RO, and have received professional training, I am not saying that there should be a enormous effort here as far as training goes, just that some sort of basic firearms training should acompany any firearms purchase, simple and effective. I do want "your" rights as a gun owner to infringe on "my" right to live! It's not control in my opinion, just education. I am in no ways a left winger, just a fellow shooter making an observation.
    Some of the best good ideas made some of the worst laws ever. Yes training is needed. No there ought not to be a law. You might be super range officer but you are noob civil rights defender. Without OUR civil rights there is ZERO need for range officers.

You did your best. That was great. You should have video'd it and made a traing video out of it. Public ranges are open to anyone by nature, so you will have idiots going to them. Not going to public ranges when other people are there and no range officer is on duty is the best way to value your life.

(Butler County)

I've never seen a RO at the wexford ranges

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...8849999998&z=6

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Some of the best good ideas made some of the worst laws ever. Yes training is needed. No there ought not to be a law. You might be super range officer but you are noob civil rights defender. Without OUR civil rights there is ZERO need for range officers.

You did your best. That was great. You should have video'd it and made a traing video out of it. Public ranges are open to anyone by nature, so you will have idiots going to them. Not going to public ranges when other people are there and no range officer is on duty is the best way to value your life.
    I don't know if he lurks at all but he doesn't post much anymore. I disagree with the idea of mandatory anything especially regarding spelled out rights.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

This is why a lot of people avoid state games land ranges. There are a lot of idiots who do not take gun ownership and training serious that show up there to shoot because it's free (with a hinting license).

I've found that member of run clubs and ranges are usually more courteous, trained and take safety more seriously. At least that's my experience.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Butler County)

Licensure isnt going to make people safe.
    No reasonable, constitutional approach will guarantee you dont run into an idiot with a gun.

Back in NY I used to shoot at some old lead mines. It was a huge area, as big as a town, with various quarries and digouts, and usually very few people there at one time. It was also a place where people dumped shit so there was alot of real-world shit to shoot at. What's funny though is that it was a mile from a rural airport and planes went over it all the time.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789