Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Bump fire stocks worth it or gimmick

Hi Guys
    Are BumpFire Stocks (Slide Fire Or The defendAR) Worth It, Or AreThey just Fun Range Toys?

Thanks, Cb

Default Re: Bump fire stocks worth it or gimmick

Quote Originally Posted by solrac7 View Post
    Hi Guys
    Are BumpFire Stocks (Slide Fire Or The defendAR) Worth It, Or AreThey just Fun Range Toys?

Thanks, Cb
    Worth it for what? Self defense? Range fun? Wasting money? I wouldn't buy one, but I'd try one. I think that they would be fun, once. Unless of course you have an unlimited supply of ammo that you don't have to pay for. If you find it intriguing, then maybe its worth it.

Def not a gimmick, they perform as designed. Are they worth it? Ehh, i think i paid around 350 for mine, and all it does it waste ammo more quickly. So, i guess the question is, worth what? I am pretty sure they are not worth it when it comes to looking at the difference in manufacturing cost vs MSRP, but hey, they took a chance.

If you are looking for something to waste ammo on, i would say get one. I hardly think they will ever appreciate beyond the 50 cents or so worth of injection molded plastic they are made from, but hey, what the hell.

$350 for those things? Jesus. You were only another $175 away from a Glock 19.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Allegheny County)

I have a first gen slidefire and its fun but honestly just a novelty. It only takes a few attempts before you get comfortable with how to control the fire rate which is good, but besides dumping really expensive ammo (.223/5.56) I don't see a use for it. F/A is good for suppressive fire but accuracy is only good for the first burst after that you are just dumping ammo, that is why the A2 is 3 round burst. Even that if you want to hit something you flip to semi.

another big negative is that you can't adjust the but stock position. I like to hold my AR a little farther away from my shoulder weld and I can't do that with the slidefire. It actually really bothers me.

another thing is you should put this on a good AR, this thing heats up quick. I've never put it on a cheap AR but my guess is it would wreck it.

I only got to shoot A1s for training and had an A2 back in the day, when these first came out I thought how great it would be to have a f/a for $350 instead of $20k but honestly I've used it less than 5x and I don't see myself using it that often in the future. Practically it is useless, range it is fun if you just want to dump ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    $350 for those things? Jesus. You were only another $175 away from a Glock 19.
    Very true... it was kind of an off the cuff thing i did. Bought it in a shooting supply store, they didn't sell guns there. I was actually after a scope they didn't have right away... So there's me, looking at it, and ammo was a plenty at the time, so i made the jump. honestly it probably has about 1/2 of dust on it sitting on a shelf in my gun room...im gonna need to check that out.

novelty head turner at the range

if you have an excess of ammo i could take it off your hands for you and it wouldnt cost you a thing
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Juniata County)

What are Machine Guns used for in combat?

Primarily Suppression.

Anti-Vehicles.

Large groups

Do you see these things being an issue?
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orlov556 View Post
    Very true... it was kind of an off the cuff thing i did. Bought it in a shooting supply store, they didn't sell guns there. I was actually after a scope they didn't have right away... So there's me, looking at it, and ammo was a plenty at the time, so i made the jump. honestly it probably has about 1/2 of dust on it sitting on a shelf in my gun room...im gonna need to check that out.
    the place i bought mine the guy actually told me for $15 he would install it. I told him that if i couldn't figure out how to install a buttstock maybe i shouldnt be able to buy it..... but i agree $350 is a ridiculous price, I bought it impulsively because i wasn't sure if the ATF was going to ban them soon. maybe i would get grandfathered in. Surprisingly they have been untouched

(Wayne County)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast