Hello everyone I'm coming to you from the Southampton, area near Warminster.
I have been shooting at ranges my entire life, I know the safety rules and how to handle a firearm properly.
However being in a tough financial time the range fees have just come to a lot for me and my family.
So i was looking for a place to shoot and train with my rifles without having to pay the range fee and not having to wait 30 minutes after i shoot a group to walk down and change my target (referring to wicens here, nothing wrong with it just too many people and too long of a wait), I have hear that public ranges used to only require a hunting license (which i have) but they recently changed,(I think the closest one is in Lehigh.)
I have also hear that you can target shoot on SGL? but it was sort of up in the air, I don't mind having to drive an hour to get to the range. I just want to be able to move and shoot and just have a bit more freedom (any place that does competition shooting?)
I have hear of gun clubs but i work 13 hour days 6 days a week and most require "working hours"
Thanks everyone and please keep this thread on track nothing like "oh, you should practice safety at regular ranges there is no need to move" or "just get yourself a spotting scope"
Thanks again and have a great one!!