Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Sig 250 Compact in 9mm

I have always wanted a Sig, but they seem to be a bit over priced? Recently, I saw the Sig 250C and it seem like a good gun for a good price. Does anyone own a Sig 250C in 9mm or have used one? What are thoughts and comments.

Thanks,
    Nick
    I will die, You will die, we all will die, just not today Patton, Battle of the Bulge.

(Centre County)

Default Re: Sig 250 Compact in 9mm

If you like mile long DAO triggers and Sigs recent panache for spotty QC, I'd say this is your gun....

The ATF looked at them in mid 2010 to replace their (ATF's) metal Sigs with a polymer pistol in 40. The p250 shat the bed and Sig protested the findings of ATFs testing. The ATF issued a quit you bitching letter to Sig.......

Lastly, ask the Dutch police mid 2011 how they like the p250....

Personally, there are better guns, and better Sigs, to choose from...

YMMV and all that.
    I don't watch shark week. Sharks watch FLICK week.

(Montgomery County)

Stick with p series sigs, preferably ones made prior to 2004. Just my .02
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

If you want a poly framed sig for a reasonable price, look at the SP2022 series, a much better pistol than the 250 IMO.

(Franklin County)

i have a sig 250 subcompact. great gun. bought 2 extended mags . the 17 round mags fit. so I carry 45 rounds at one time. great shooter. very reliable..
    In God We Trust............................

(Northampton County)

I can't comment on the current p250's but I had one of the real earlier ones. It wasn't a bad gun but that trigger is two miles long and that's coming from a guy that likes the sig
    dak trigger. Long story short I traded it for a p229 and never looked back. I never had any failures of any kind I just couldn't get use to that trigger. So it would have to be a great price to consider one if it was me.

I was a dedicated 229 shooter, but I wanted something smaller (and the 224 was months from its initial release, let alone being available or reasonably priced) and I was going to start carrying in Philly, and didn't want an expensive handgun confiscated for being carried legally.

I took a chance and bought a 250SC in .40. I now have numerous kits and don't shoot the 229 at all any more (though I will never sell).

the 2 most enjoyable to shoot are the .45 ACP in a full-size package, and the 9mm in Compact.

I carry a .40 or .45 in a SC frame during the summer, and a .40 or .45 SC slide on a compact frame, during jacket and sweatshirt weather.

I appreciate the multiple caliber and size options, using the same trigger pull and controls. once you get used to the trigger it's a non-issue.

(Cambria County)

I love my P250s. The P250 is where I found the joy of a good DAO pistol and have since purchased a P226 DAK and have a couple of other DAO pistols. Do not get a P250 if you're not willing/able to learn to shoot the DAO pistol.

If you just "want a Sig" then you want a P226. If your really can't swing a P226 then the SP2022 is as close as you can get without spending more than $500.

You can also keep an eye out for a P225/P6. They can be found for less than $500 pretty often - and P228s aren't much more.

(Bucks County)

I own a 250 compact 1st gen and love it. I have only had one issue. I believe it was fte. the round didn't eject. this is my first DAO pistol. it takes some getting used to but it doable. I replacing my recoil spring, the recoil guide and grip and I think it'll be on par with the gen 2. input about 300 rounds through it before that fte. all my hits were to the right. I was firing like it was an Sa trigger.

I love this thing though

Gen 2 Sig P250 compact in 9mm and .45 acp are great.

The 45 needs to be handled properly when shooting (no limp wrist). It is easy to reacquire target after shots.

The 9mm is as good as the 45. It shoots as smooth as a CZ 75 and very accurate.

Great gun and the DAO trigger is fine. For those who don't like the trigger --fine. Some people like muster on their dogs and other like ketchup and then their are those who like both.

Will the gun do what it is designed to do. It is an accurate and well made firearm. With practice and training you can do what you need to do. Is it going to be for home defense, carry, service, plinking?

Finally, it is a gorgeous pistol. Comfortable in my hands and cool looking.

It is a matter of preference IMHO.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast