Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Browning

(Chester County)

Default Baby Browning

Any one have any experience with them? For some reason I'm really interested in getting my hands on one. They seem like super kool little pistols.
    WHEN DEMOCRACY TURNS TO TYRANNY, THE ARMED CITIZEN STILL GETS TO VOTE

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Baby Browning

I have one that just sits in the safe, they run flawless but I got tired of getting my hand ripped apart with slide bite. You have to watch how you hold the pistol every shot.Been contemplating selling it to be truthful,good luck.

(Lackawanna County)

My husband had one he called Mr. Jingles (reference to The Green Mile). His was an American made one, stamped PSP and made in Charlotte NC. He loved his, but no one makes a pocket holster that fits it right, and .25 is a weak round, unless you use European ammo, which is loader hotter than ours for some reason. It IS a cute little gun.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. View Post
    Any one have any experience with them? For some reason I'm really interested in getting my hands on one. They seem like super kool little pistols.
    I looked at them and other small pocket pistols for pocket carry. I've own several pocket pistols at one time or another and sold them all. I ended up with a Keltec P32 and I'm not looking back.
    Toujours prêt

(Bucks County)

Have one my grandfather passed down to me, very cool little gun, i call them my cap guns...not very accurate obviously, but neat piece of history and the fact its from my grandfather i will never part with it...

also passed down an Astra 2000 another .25 acp pocket pistol

(Bucks County)

I have one, along with the european ammo. Along with what's been said already, the pearl grips are very fragile. It's very much a pocket gun, and not terribly accurate. While I was able to keep my shots within a 10 inch ring at about 15 feet, it should be thought of as more of a "belly gun", only to be relied on when you are up close and personal with your attacker.

Regards,

BCB
    You don't need a gun until you need one badly.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by BucksCountyBob View Post
    I have one, along with the european ammo. Along with what's been said already, the pearl grips are very fragile. It's very much a pocket gun, and not terribly accurate. While I was able to keep my shots within a 10 inch ring at about 15 feet, it should be thought of as more of a "belly gun", only to be relied on when you are up close and personal with your attacker.

Regards,

BCB
    yes the pearl grips, my frist set came cracked, and replacements were a major PIA to find and replace...our shooting was about the same

(Lancaster County)

wife has a buaer same thing just made in the usa and made of SS.for a mouse gun it shoots great and runs great.neat to have but not what I would carry unless I could get anything else if your looking for a vintage pocket pistol to carry get a colt 1903 in 380 I love mine and carry it now and then.crazywolf

(Bucks County)

ps if you get one, scoop up spare parts when you can find them...such as a firing pin (had one break on me)...

i guess i really shouldnt shoot it anymore, but it was a gift from my grandfather and im sure he would want me to shoot it like all my guns

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by bdriller View Post
    I have one that just sits in the safe, they run flawless but I got tired of getting my hand ripped apart with slide bite. You have to watch how you hold the pistol every shot.Been contemplating selling it to be truthful,good luck.
    Same here. The slide would cut two parallel lacerations about 5/8" apart in the top of the web of my right hand betw. thumb and forefinger. It did so for my wife as well. Finally sold "the cute little f__ker with the sharp bite." It had black plastic grips with which I had no crack or breakage problem, and it was fairly reliable with Winchester, American Eagle, and S&B ammo.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast