Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default must..have..CZ 75b !!

Did you ever regret turning down a gun purchase for years? I'm sure many of you have. For me, it was about 7yrs ago. I was at a lgs, TargetWorld in Chalfont. I asked about the available 9mm's in stock..used. The salesperson said he had two CZ 75's that just came in and owner wanted 375 for each. I held one, found it comfortable in the hand, but at the time had never heard of it(being sort of a handgun noob) so I handed it back to him.
    Since then, I've owned quite a few 9mm's, Glocks, Sigs, Beretta, Taurus(eesh) and still own the polymer variant CZ 75 P-07 Duty which I like very much. But, that full-size all-steel CZ is still haunting me. The Beretta 92FS I owned was one of the best shooters to date. VERY accurate. I'm thinking that is another I will own again, this time a new one..all pretty and non-scratched up.
    I see on GB the prices have come down on the CZ's since earlier this year, which at one time was over $600. I can get one for a total OTD price of $510 NIB with two mags. It's a bad time of year to have that gun-buying itch, so I'm thinking I will put my S&W model 10 3" up for sale to offset the cost.
    How bout u? anyone ever regret getting a CZ 75b?

(Northampton County)

Default Re: must..have..CZ 75b !!

First, yes you need a 75.
    Second, please don't sell your 10. You'll end up regretting that one too.
    Third. If you don't want to wait you won't be disappointed in a $350ish Canik S-120.
    http://grabagun.com/firearms/handgun...blue-17rd.html

(Montgomery County)

I fully agree, keep the S&W 10 (I have a fair number of these including the earlier M&P 1905 models, and they just keep working), then also buy the CZ75B. I have only the steel versions, no "combat tupperware please!" and they are accurate and low recoil with regular 9 mm (no +P+). Can find them S/H if you look. Dave_n

(Allegheny County)

You won't regret buying a 75b, I have one in black and one in polished stainless. They are great shooters. The new ones come with a softer grip that feels really good compared to the old ones. As far as regret goes I had a chance to buy an Adam tyc spo1 shadow for $1100 and passed it up because I had a couple CZs already. Well now I'd gladly pay $1800 but they are impossible to get. Sometimes you just got to buy what you want, as long as you take care of your family and save a little there is nothing wrong with splurging, you work hard for your money!

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Armor Snail View Post
    First, yes you need a 75.
    Second, please don't sell your 10. You'll end up regretting that one too.
    Third. If you don't want to wait you won't be disappointed in a $350ish Canik S-120.
    http://grabagun.com/firearms/handgun...blue-17rd.html
    Exactly 100% what he wrote. I learned the hard way, over several years and lost $$, to not sell a gun to get another gun. CZ75's will always be around.
    I'm just learning to appreciate wheel guns, keep it and wait.
    Last edited by warpath9809; December 8th, 2013 at 07:58 PM.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparxfly72 View Post
    How bout u? anyone ever regret getting a CZ 75b?
    I bought a CZ-75B several years ago when I recall they were selling for well under $500. It's a really handsome handgun although somewhat large so I suspect it works better with big hands. Good magazine capacity and accurate. If you love a Browning Hi-Power, you'll love the CZ-75.

I went "Old School" with it, Called the Kansas City warehouse direct, and bought a pair of factory walnut grips. It sure does look fine dressed in walnut.

Don't beat yourself up too bad. A lot of us have stories of seller's remorse, or about the ones we let get away.

(Westmoreland County)

tanfoglio is another option, the all steel ones. heres are three pics of mine I bought used . I also have a p07,but like this better for range use
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 86250rrippin; December 8th, 2013 at 04:15 PM.
    CTD can SMD

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 86250rrippin View Post
    tanfoglio is another option, the all steel ones. heres are three pics of mine I bought used . I also have a p07,but like this better for range use
    I have the Tanfoglio in .45 and absolutely love that gun.
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. Benjamin Franklin

(Philadelphia County)

My cz was my first gun and I love it dearly. I found it at Locke's outside Philly for 500 even.

It is the bd police model. I'd have preferred a safety to a decoder but I still love the gun and would never sell it!
    interested in a cz kadet kit, if anyone's selling

Man those 75B's are sweet! I've shot a few and will own one someday.

I would hang on to the Model 10 though, especially a pre lock with 3" barrel.
    They ain't makin no more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast