Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Walmart purchase...bad decision

Quote Originally Posted by epointer View Post
    I once picked up the phone at the counter and got a hold of someone to ask them for assistance. This was after I two employees passed by me that had no interest in helping me. I was then helped and asked not to pick up the phone again.
    Haha! I used to know the "code" they used for calling someone to a department from any phone in the store, but never tried it and forget what it is.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Wayne County)

Grey Bearded One has it right, I do the shopping for my home and if you know prices Wally World is no bargin. Lots of hype to get you in the store.

(Bucks County)

It's all a shell game...slight of the wrist illusionary manipulations working on the same principles as a varied portfolio to arrive at a positive average. You can burn gas and time chasing the bouncing ball, or just stay with the same store and average out the easier way.

Last gun I bought at Cabela's the counter man did me a nice favor and sold the gun (at my request) at a price special I had missed by a week.

Did the electronic thing, walked the store until my cell rang, finally called to the pickup counter but found I was still at the rear of a pretty good line. Get called to the counter and the now completely packaged rifle is inspected one last time and she notices a discrepancy in the numbers. Unboxes the rifle, calls a manager, they did their thing. I noticed no one walked me out the door but attributed that to its being a long gun?

Honestly, I felt the savings on the rifle was worth it, but would have reservations about doing it on a normal price point unless it was a hard-to-find find.

As for $2 paid twice.... how about paying for a PICS to get your own gun back from a consignment counter?

(Chester County)

The Wal-Mart schtick is to put the marked down and low, low priced things in the main aisles with their little smiley faces. All the other items are priced about the same or higher than other stores. The trick is showing you how low their prices are on special items in those main aisle set ups to get you to think you're shopping at really low prices. Sam Walton started and ran his business using this form of sales trickery and it continues on today except all the low low priced items are now made by communists in china.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    As for $2 paid twice.... how about paying for a PICS to get your own gun back from a consignment counter?
    It's the law.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The Wal-Mart schtick is to put the marked down and low, low priced things in the main aisles with their little smiley faces. All the other items are priced about the same or higher than other stores. The trick is showing you how low their prices are on special items in those main aisle set ups to get you to think you're shopping at really low prices. Sam Walton started and ran his business using this form of sales trickery and it continues on today except all the low low priced items are now made by communists in china.
    That isn't trickery - it's genius.

ALL adverting/marketing is "trickery" in some way or another.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

As well as playing subliminal messages with the MUZAK (or whatever it's called now) telling you to "Buy, Buy and Buy some more!"

(Lackawanna County)

It called using "loss leaders". They will advertise an item at a low, low price to get shoppers into the store. They'll even take a loss on that sale item with the knowledge that people will generally fill their cart with other crap (which are sold at a profit) to the people who came in for the sale.

How many times do you go to Wally World for one or two things and wind up filling your trunk with bags and bags of stuff you just bought because you saw it and "need" it?

(Bucks County)

It's the law.

Of course. Not the point. They may as well run a PICS daily when you have an issued LTCF. Maybe that will come.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunDog View Post
    Just got my shotgun out of layaway from Walmart. I should have known better than to buy a gun from them. It started when I went to the sportings goods counter. It took awhile for someone to show up to ring me out. Then I had to fill out the paperwork (done on computer). At this time I have to tell you that I made a big mistake back in September when I put the gun on layaway. I filled out the paperwork then not thinking that it should be done at the finally payment when I actually take posession of the gun. I was told then that it had to be done at that time. I wasn't listening to my inner voice. I paid twice for the same paperwork to be filed. I know it was only 2 dollars but it ate at me the longer I was there. And I was there along time. When I brought up the fact that I filled out the paperwork when I put it on layaway the woman behind the counter called an assistant manager. She showed up for nothing and then left. The lady behind the counter then did more paperwork then called back the assistant manager. By this time I'm really getting pissed. About an hour has passed. All in all it took about an hour and a half. When everything was done the assistant manager in training walked me out carrying my shotgun and after that experience I know why. I will never buy a gun from walmart again.
    Be glad that in this anti gun Climate a discount store like Walmart have no problem selling Guns and ammo to their Customers, everytime i walk pass the Guns and ammunition counter at Walmart it reminds me that i still live in America.
    It's great knowing that i can go buy my cheese and milk , and dog food and if i feel like it i can buy a gun too a couple of aisles over.
    THey are not a dedicated gun shop so their employees are all not up to scruff on Gun sales, be patient with them, remember the guy or gal selling you a gun today could have been selling underwears yesterday.
    Bring your reciepts back to customer service and they will refund the 2$ back, their customer service is is great.
    Try buying a Gun at Dick's, it took me nearly 5 hours.
    Last edited by mrnyman; December 8th, 2013 at 09:40 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast