Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Walmart purchase...bad decision

And they are screaming for higher wages for those mutts. They are barely worth what they get now.
    I happened to be in the storage area at shift change one time......it looked like the Star Wars bar.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    You get what you pay for.

Do you expect Walmart wages to attract people who know the least bit about firearms or the proper sales process? Customer service/satisfaction is part of the price in an item.

I wouldn't buy a toothbrush at Walmart much less a firearm.
    That is true. About twenty years ago I bought a Ruger 10/22 at Walmart. I wanted the basic rifle, at a good price because I was going to fully customize it anyway, and replace much of the rifle except receiver, and bolt. It was a bit torturous of a sale process, but I expected that.

Interestingly, I do by things like toothbrushes at Walmart, and have no issues with goods like that. I bought .22 ammo there at one time also, when they had it!

Quote Originally Posted by GunDog View Post
    They did add a 3 dollar gun permit fee.
    WTF???????

you will be back for ammo.

Cool Re: Walmart purchase...bad decision

People piss and moan about the 1 hour plus wait,well why do they still buy walmart guns ? Because they are the LOWEST price anywhere on their Rifles Shotguns & Ammo,We all know this and continue to give them our money because were saving $50 Plus on everything they sell ! SAD part is Walmart has made many LGSs go out of business ! While I do buy their ammo and wait the time,I have not purchased a firearm from Walmart in over 3 years.We all know it,We all do it,and continue to shop there ! SAD for small businesses everywhere !

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

The funny thing about WalMart is that the prices for many things really aren't that much better than other retailers. You'll find a B&D drill at WalMart fo $34.99 and the same drill at True Value for $36.99. The same is true for OTC meds, name brands are about the same as CVS and even their house brands are close in price to CVS house brands.

I used to do my father's grocery shopping and he insisted that I go to Giant Eagle, a place not known for low prices. I worked near a Super WalMart so one week, I took my receipt from Giant Eagle and went through WalMart noting what each item would cost there. On a $150 grocery bill, I would have save $2.

One other thing that WalMart does is they sell items with reduced features. For example, if you are shopping for a TV you might go to BestBuy and see the Samsung XYZ123 for $500. You go to WalMart and see what you think is the same TV for $25 but it isn't the same TV, it is the XYZ123W. Instead of three HDMI ports, it only has one and has no output jack for speakers.

When I do shop at WalMart is is because they are convenient and open at odd hours.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    An hour and a half?

I've spent that much time just trying to find someone who could go find someone with the key to the ammo case.
    I always call the store from my cell...

Rep: Hello, thank you for calling Walmart.
    Me: I'm at your ammo case - send someone here with the key.
    Rep: You're in the store?
    Me: Yup, send someone over.

(Schuylkill County)

To answer some of the questions asked, I didn't compare prices with Cabelas. It was a spur of the moment buy. It was a good deal. Mossberg 930 (non-spx) for $500. I didn't see anything in any of the gunshops like that at the time. Just recently Shakeys had a 930 used with extended mag tube for 499. The gun permit fee is real. But they added it at the end and by that time I just wanted to get out of that place. I would have paid more to just leave. As far as getting ammo there...ok you got me. I will get my ammo there and I like the idea of calling the store while standing at the counter. That beats everything.

(Carbon County)

I get a 10% discount at Wal-Mart because my wife works there. I use it on ammo, but I don't buy guns there. Even with the 10% discount, it's just too much of a hassle.

(Carbon County)

I once picked up the phone at the counter and got a hold of someone to ask them for assistance. This was after two employees passed by me that had no interest in helping me. I was then helped and asked not to pick up the phone again.
    Last edited by epointer; December 8th, 2013 at 08:30 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast