Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Problem with a new purchase from Phoenix

A quick update, I got the new spring and extractor to day, with the new extractor and spring I got two shoots off before a FTE. I then put the old spring on top the new spring and all six rounds fired without an issue. I only tested with the Federal rounds, when I can get out in daylight I will try the Blazer again. A longer screw was suggested by someone as the spring screw, doesn't seem to be a problem, the firing pin is retained both direction by the spring screw.
    Donald A. Jones

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Problem with a new purchase from Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Rototiller View Post
    A quick update, I got the new spring and extractor to day, with the new extractor and spring I got two shoots off before a FTE. I then put the old spring on top the new spring and all six rounds fired without an issue. I only tested with the Federal rounds, when I can get out in daylight I will try the Blazer again. A longer screw was suggested by someone as the spring screw, doesn't seem to be a problem, the firing pin is retained both direction by the spring screw.
    Okay I got two mag loads fired, one all Blazer and one 6+1 with Blazer and Federal alternating...all fired no issues. Now I need to use a target and practice aiming the gun. I have been firing at a steel target with no luck at 25 feet just firing off the hip(not using the sights) BTW only using one hand while shooting.
    Donald A. Jones

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123