Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Here's a story to make you crazy

Police Shoot at Unarmed Man; Charge Him for Bystanders They Hit

Posted on December 5, 2013 by Mark Horne

Read more at http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/12/...SbcAoT0aI6s.99

A man the New York Times claims was “emotionally disturbed,” was shot at by police.

The man, Glenn Broadnax, 35, of Brooklyn, created a disturbance on Sept. 14, wading into traffic at 42nd Street and Eighth Avenue and throwing himself into the path of oncoming cars.

A curious crowd grew. Police officers arrived and tried to corral Mr. Broadnax, a 250-pound man. When he reached into his pants pocket, two officers, who, the police said, thought he was pulling a gun, opened fire, missing Mr. Broadnax, but hitting two nearby women. Finally, a police sergeant knocked Mr. Broadnax down with a Taser.

Naturally, there cops have not been charged with anything. They are place on “administrative leave.” Since nothing is said to the contrary, I assume that means a free paid vacation.

Initially Mr. Broadnax was arrested on misdemeanor charges of menacing, drug possession and resisting arrest. But the Manhattan district attorney’s office persuaded a grand jury to charge Mr. Broadnax with assault, a felony carrying a maximum sentence of 25 years. Specifically, the nine-count indictment unsealed on Wednesday said Mr. Broadnax “recklessly engaged in conduct which created a grave risk of death.”

“The defendant is the one that created the situation that injured innocent bystanders,” said an assistant district attorney, Shannon Lucey

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Here's a story to make you crazy

Man what is it about NY cops not being able to shoot? Seems they always hit bystanders. I wish I could get data of how few innocent people are shot by permit holders in self defense shoots.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Lehigh County)

12 Lb triggers would be my guess. Its real easy to pull your shots with a supper heavy trigger under stressfire conditions.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    Man what is it about NY cops not being able to shoot? Seems they always hit bystanders. I wish I could get data of how few innocent people are shot by permit holders in self defense shoots.
    We do have a list of how many permit holders have killed people as murder cases. The VPC makes out like it's this big huge number...but it's so insignificant. And I love how they named it - "Concealed Carry Killers."

http://www.vpc.org/ccwkillers.htm

540 people murdered by permit holders (as in charged and/or convicted of murder, not justifiable homicides) since May 2007. So over the 79 months since they began keeping track, permit holders have been charged and/or convicted of murder (with a firearm) at the rate of 6.835 per month.

Boy, that's a lot of homicides by permit holders.

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    We do have a list of how many permit holders have killed people as murder cases. The VPC makes out like it's this big huge number...but it's so insignificant. And I love how they named it - "Concealed Carry Killers."

http://www.vpc.org/ccwkillers.htm

540 people murdered by permit holders (as in charged and/or convicted of murder, not justifiable homicides) since May 2007. So over the 79 months since they began keeping track, permit holders have been charged and/or convicted of murder (with a firearm) at the rate of 6.835 per month.

Boy, that's a lot of homicides by permit holders.
    Thanks that is what I was looking for. Reality is though that more than a few of those are probably agressivly charged. For example in Delaware Zimmerman would have been convicted based on what was known about the case. Since he followed trayvon they would call him the aggressor in my opinion.

Now if you have one that says how many bystanders are shot in self defense shoots would be great.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    Nice find. Now complete the story by bouncing that 540 murders against the total number of permit holders nationwide for one comparison and the total number of murders for another.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    Since he followed trayvon they would call him the aggressor in my opinion.
    I am thinking that maybe "they" would need to review the meaning and definition of "Aggressor".

Lets play "Over the top COP Crazy Insanity!!!'
    http://www.philly.com/philly/news/ne...VrvISJbZHbJ.01

GRRRR..............
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Nice find. Now complete the story by bouncing that 540 murders against the total number of permit holders nationwide for one comparison and the total number of murders for another.
    I did the math once, and don't really feel like doing it again. But I took all the FBI UCR data for homicides from 2007 through the current date at the time and ran it against the VPC data and it was less than a fraction of a percent. And that was knowing that the data would be artificially inflated because the FBI UCR lags behind by a year or so (IE, it's almost 2014 and the 2012 UCR data was just recently released) but the VPC data is probably more recent (since it has far less examples to track and goes by a per-incident increment).

But for a rough idea...

2007 - 14,831
    2008 - 14,180
    2009 - 13,636
    2010 - 12,996
    2011 - 12,664
    2012 - 12,765

So that is 81,072 homicides since 2007 that is publicly available through the FBI's UCR tool Of those 81,072, there are 540 that were committed by previously law-abiding permit-holding citizens.

So for every homicide committed by a previously law-abiding permit-holding citizen, 150.133 are committed by criminals. Keep in mind that the actual number is smaller, since the 2013 UCR data is not available.

And while I don't know where to find data on nationwide LTCF/CCW/etc permit holders, I do recall Florida saying it has issued over 1,000,000 permits itself.
    Last edited by Solaran_X; December 12th, 2013 at 07:44 PM.