Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Centre County)

Default Seneca Arms / Targetmaster

Hit two shops for the first time with a little coersion from a friend. Heh, like he really needed to twist my arm much to go to a gun shop

Seneca Arms, Loved it, it had this old school feel to it. Had many old military rifles which is what i love to collect. Spent about an hour picking through things, almost bought a WW2 rebuild M1917, but settled on a beautiful Savage No.4 Mk.I Too bad its not closer...

Targetmaster, stopped there last night before hitting the movies. Nice shop, guys behind the counter were helpful even though you could tell they were tired and it was a long day (it was around 9:30pm) Again couldnt say know and walked out with a good as new HK USP Tactical .45acp dealer sample for 900$. Now i just need to get a .45 can now for it

Again, i'd go back to either of these shops in a heartbeat. But if i had to choose, it would be Seneca simply because i love C&R's...

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jean-Luc Picard
    Oh yes, thats how it starts. The road from legitimate suspicion to rampant paranoia is very much shorter than we think.

Default Re: Seneca Arms / Targetmaster

My wife and I like both shops. I agree that Seneca Arms has some really cool old guns!
    "Never give up, never surrender!" Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

(Centre County)

sounds like my day this past saturday. went to Seneca in the afternoon and then did some shooting at Targetmaster in the evening. I was there from about 745-9. being it was my first time at Seneca i had mapquest directions. worked fine until they told me to turn right onto rt 29. finally went back to the gas station at the intersection of 63 and 29 only to be informed that Seneca was about 50 feet to the left. damn mapquest.

(Berks County)

Don't feel bad, I drove from Lancaster County the first time. Mapquest said go R, I couldn't find the place, hate to ask for directions, so I went home. Called John, he told me how close I was. I hate Mapquest!!
    Don't sweat the petty stuff, and don't pet the sweaty stuff.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffy19608 View Post
    Don't feel bad, I drove from Lancaster County the first time. Mapquest said go R, I couldn't find the place, hate to ask for directions, so I went home. Called John, he told me how close I was. I hate Mapquest!!
    OK, the secret to my success when looking for a shop I haven't been to... maps.google.com.... well worth it.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Montgomery County)

guys don't feel bad if I had a dime for everyone that has called having gone the wrong direction following map quest i would be a rich dude. Mapquest stinks.

(Delaware County)

Thumbs up Re: Seneca Arms / Targetmaster

I have always had good service from Targetmaster. Their prices seem to always be in line with Davidsons dealers. Some guns that were not available through other dealers, Targetmaster was able to get in for me in only a couple of days. Big counter selection, and rental guns too to try out. After you buy or rent, you can go right into their indoor range and shoot. You can bring your own ammo and paper targets, or buy theirs. They have a no nonsense staff, and do not put up with funky looking characters in there fooling around acting like they are in Grand Theft Auto... I have seen the staff get them in line or they are told to leave. I thought that was cool. Another good store and staff is at Millers Sporting Goods in Linwood,PA. I have had good service there, and they have a good selection of guns, ammo and reloading equip. Millers has a good newsletter, and website, www.millersgunshop.com, that always shows what they have on hand, or what is available.

(Delaware County)

Wink Re: Seneca Arms / Targetmaster

One more thing... In no way was I dismissing Seneca Arms. It sounds like a fine place, it is only I have never been there. I was only giving some input on the places I have used. Crazy thing is, I used to make deliveries to that gas station at rte.s 29 and 63 and never realized I was that close to Seneca Arms. Now I know where they are I will stop in next time I am up that way.

(Bucks County)

Once again I went into John's and left with not one but two new items. Cant wait to use the Colt and CZ. Thanks again, your the best.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Huntin'Fool View Post
    Once again I went into John's and left with not one but two new items. Cant wait to use the Colt and CZ. Thanks again, your the best.
    J.H.

Thank you, I know it is like a zoo in there most of the time and i struggle to give good one on one service when I am trying to keep 5 or 6 happy at once. I thank you for the business.