Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: ZQI Turkish Ammo at Wal-Mart

At the price of ten bucks for a box (308), I think of it as "Wolf", but in brass instead of steel. Good enough for "big hole" plinking.

Not sure why I even pick up the brass since I don't reload.

At least they still carry it at that price. Wasn't real sure that would be the case when it was marked as clearanced way back when. Hopefully it will still be available when I can again afford to buy more.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Monroe County)

ZQI .308 works great in my Isapore Enfield
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Allegheny County)

Just got this info in an email from AIM Surplus.

This is interesting considering WalMart was previously the sole distributor of ZQI ammo.

I did hear that they were not going to continue selling it so perhaps AIM scooped up a pile that WalMart would no longer take?

AIM

ZQI .308/7.62X51 147GRN FMJ AMMUNITION

JUST ARRIVED! This is a limited time special purchase opportunity...
    We are selling this ammunition well below our regular cost!

Excellent performing Ammunition. ZQI .308 (7.62x51 M80) Ammunition;
    New 2015 production, Brass Case, Boxer Primed, 147grn Non-Magnetic Copper Jacketed and Lead core Bullet.
    20RD BOX ONLY: $9.29
    640RD CASE (32 BOXES) ONLY: $287.68 ($8.99 20RD BOX)

(THAT IS LESS THAN .45 CENTS PER ROUND)

Walmart is done with this line the story is ZQI would not meet the amount and pricing Walmart wanted to pay for their product so ZQI did not renew their contract. They are now selling directly off their site or to any ammo retailer or gun dealer who wants it. It's decent ammo however it's not nearly as good as it's Federal counterparts I have trouble with their 5.56 Nato loads short stroking one of my AR's when using standard Federal .223 or XM193 runs it with no issues. Never used their .308/7.62 but at this price it would be worth giving it a shot.

(Tioga County)

ZQI has now gotten a name change to "Guardian" instead of ZQI.

For a while there 7.62 NATO had a price floor of 60 cents a round on brass M80 type ammo. This year that dropped to 50 cents and is now nudging below that. Buy cheap while you can because prices can go up anytime.

I've been put off buying this as I heard from some reloaders the brass was a bit soft and not durable and they had some issues reloading it. I might buy a small quantity and see how it is.

(Allegheny County)

Back before my money situation turned dire, I had picked up a box or two at a time when I was in the store and wish I could get more.

I still see it at some Walmarts, but I don't see it as much now. The price is hard to beat. Big difference from when I first started this thread!

(Allegheny County)

I see what you mean. Just checked out the ZQI site...

Looks like it's "on sale" via their website.

If anyone local to me wants to split a case and save $10.00ea let me know its currently $310.00 shipped to my house.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Back before my money situation turned dire, I had picked up a box or two at a time when I was in the store and wish I could get more.

I still see it at some Walmarts, but I don't see it as much now. The price is hard to beat. Big difference from when I first started this thread!
    It should disappear from Wal Marts by the end of the year. Apparently the contract ended a while ago but Wal Mart had bought a substantial quantity. Also Wal Mart has shifted their sales philosophy away from modern sporting rifles to cheap but ancient sporting rifles, so expect this type of ammunition regardless of manufacturer to be de-emphasized in their stores.

I'm reloading M80 147g Magtech bullets right now in my 7.62 NATO brass with #34 CCI primers and IMR 4895 powder for around 30 cents a round. I aggressively shop for and wait for a good sale and acquire reloading components in bulk and I can't remember when I last bought ammo at retail in a gun shop or at Wal Mart. It's been at least a year, maybe longer.

(Allegheny County)

It just sucks because while it's easy for someone to say "You can get t for $XXX.XX a case", that is of no use to someone who can not afford to buy it in case quantities.

Being able to walk into Walmart and pick up a box or three for (essentially) the same low price was nice while it lasted.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast