Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Angry Brian Miller and crew are at it again

http://www.delcotimes.com/social-aff...ore-in-linwood

LOWER CHICHESTER — The matching signs held by Hogie Hansen, his wife, Anne, and their friend, Sheila Bell, conveyed their purpose for participating in an anti-gun violence vigil outside Miller’s Sporting Goods in Linwood on Tuesday afternoon.

“Sign the code, Mr. Miller,” read the Swarthmore trio’s messages in bright red letters on white poster board.

The code refers to 10 points for a “Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership” as defined by Heeding God’s Call, a faith-based gun violence prevention group that coordinated the demonstration in an attempt to persuade the owner to adopt standards to reduce the likelihood of selling to straw buyers and gun traffickers.

Points include videotaping the point of sale and computerizing gun trace logs to accepting only valid federal or state picture IDs and conducting criminal background checks for all employees selling or handling firearms, according to the HGC website.

“Our goal is for him and other owners to adopt practices so they will not sell to straw buyers,” said HGC Executive Director Bryan Miller of Philadelphia, who is unrelated to business owner Joseph Miller.

Bryan Miller referenced the recent arrest of a Montgomery County woman, who was allegedly paid $250 to make a straw purchase at the Linwood business in July. According to court documents, Ashly Judge, 26, of Conshohocken, went to Miller’s to buy a 9-millimeter Walther handgun — one of two handguns she allegedly purchased for a man documents identified as Lamont Carter. She is due in court Dec. 9 for a preliminary hearing.

No charges have been filed against Carter in the case, which remains under investigation.

“Chester is devastated by gun violence. Guns come from gun shops,” said Bryan Miller, explaining how their short-term effort in Linwood could have long-term effects for suffering families elsewhere.

Bryan Miller said he hand-delivered a letter to the store seeking a meeting with the owner to discuss his voluntary participation in the code.

“When I called a week later, to set up a meeting, he claimed he never received it,” Bryan Miller said.

The store was closed for business Tuesday, and a message on the store voice mail indicated the store would reopen at 11 a.m. Thursday.

Though he was surprised to find the business closed, Bryan Miller said, “We are not unhappy because is not selling to straw buyers today.”

Pastor Anita Littleton of Refuge in Christ’s Church in Chester, who serves as the leader of the newly introduced Chester-Delco HGC Chapter and led the group of about 30 in prayer at the outset of the vigil, believes awareness is the key to reversing the illegal sale of guns.

“We know that guns are not sold in Chester, that they are bring brought into the city,” she said.

Passing motorists honked their horns, much to the delight of participants like the Rev. James Curtis Burton of Chester who is affiliated with St. Luke UAME Church in West Chester.

“We have to come together in unity … to take our society back,” he said.

A lifelong resident of Delaware County, participant Bill Rupertus grew up in Chester and now lives in Aston.

“I’ve gotten to the point now I’m very concerned about the amount of gun violence in Delaware County, especially Chester,” he said, adding he’s hopeful the group’s presence will have a positive outcome in persuading the owner to voluntarily sign the ethics code.

“Join us, Mr. Miller to build a peaceful future for our children,” read Rupertus’ sign.

Elaine Wasekanes, a Norwood resident and member of Congregation Beth Israel in Media understands devastation caused by gun violence. Her 20-year-old nephew, Corey Kesselman, was shot and killed during a dispute with a new roommate in their apartment in Warminster a year and a half ago.

“I didn’t choose this,” she said of the anti-gun violence movement. “It chose me.”
    Last edited by thundrr1; December 4th, 2013 at 10:42 PM. Reason: added Brian to title for better search
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Miller and crew are at it again

No charges filed yet. Typical. Usually the straw man isn't either. Two trials stopped in the cases of the morons who gave guns to the prohibited person who ended up killing deputy Pagerly because jury figured out who they gave the guns to. Crap. Just crap. Then stuff like this. Harrasment of he law abiding.

(Lancaster County)

Do they have a thought of their own? All I heard was a bunch of slogans, it chose me, take back our society. How convenient they show up on a day a lot of gun shops are closed too. What better way to be heard. I bet that voicemail has the stores hours of operation.
    I in no way support straw purchase but I don't like bullys either. Sign our pledge or else.

(Chester County)

“Chester is devastated by gun violence. Guns come from gun shops,” said Bryan Miller, explaining how their short-term effort in Linwood could have long-term effects for suffering families elsewhere.
    Criminals acquire guns ILLEGALLY then use them when committing crime. Guns that come from gun shops are acquired LEGALLY. It is the person that does illegal things with guns. Moron.

(Chester County)

Not a word comes from these groups that it is their own progeny that are doing all the killing and committing all the crime down there in Chester. So whose fault is it? Are all these shootings happening in Newtown Square, Radnor and Havertown and Bryn Mawr where those kooks from the Bryn Mawr Presbyterian church are from?

That gun shop goes about their business obeying the laws of the State and Federal governments. Is it their fault that the people of Chester are not raising their offspring and policing their own community teaching respect for life? The City of Chester cannot even draw other respectable businesses in because their own children have made it impossible to do legitimate business there. If they want answers as to what it is that is going on in their own community maybe they should go stand in front of the mirror and ask themselves why their own children are being murdered by their neighbor's children.

Gun shops in Delaware county have existed since the beginning of this country and they were never a problem and still aren't. It's the people that live in Chester that are the problem. Go look in the mirror and heal thyself and stop blaming your woes on everyone else.

My Grandmother was born in Chester in 1900 and died there in 1980. I have seen what has been done to a once great city that was a center of manufacturing with large estate style houses. The homes of Senators, captains of industry and working class alike. Those gun shops existed back then and was considered just an everyday ordinary thing. The only thing that has changed since then as far as gun shops are concerned is the people that exist in that city. Call truth racism if you want, truth is truth. Until you accept the truth your sons and daughters will be murdered by your own.

PS: My other grandmother was a member of the Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church where those anti gun kooks hang their hats and she would have never put up with the liberal non sense that goes on there now and would have stood up to say something about too. Grandmother G was all about self reliance and taking responsibility for your own actions, something that seems to be completely missing today.
    Last edited by JenniferG; December 4th, 2013 at 05:19 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Delaware County)

What a pack of losers. They are so disorganized they were protesting in front of a closed store. Honkng was in disdain for these shmucks. Joe is normally open on tues., but he took some vacation days as answering machine indicated.

It was better that the store was closed. Joe runs a pretty busy shop and his customers don't suffer fools. The fraud bryan miller and his gang would of had a very unpleasant time on the sidewalk.
    Last edited by c45man; December 4th, 2013 at 06:17 PM.