Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Clinton County)

Unhappy NFA Trust dilemma

So, here is the whole jist. I am 19, my birthday is in February (one year and two months until I'm 21). My father and I have been talking about getting a trust formed.
    1. because of all the political BS, and we want to be on the safe side.
    2. It would be SUPER convenient because at the very least my father and I will have 2 suppressors. (pistol and rifle) I know we both would like to easily own them. (not having one of us being there all the time)
    3. GOD FORBID I'm 19 and cant buy a NFA item from a dealer but I could buy one with a form 4 to form 4 transaction or if I was part of a trust (what we are thinking)

I was also wondering what people think of Prince Law Offices, I have come across his blog and while at my last gun show I was talking to a dealer there who actually was handing out his business cards. After talking to the guy, my father and I have come to learn that trusts are NOT cheap, or at least from what I've seen. Around $700 bucks. So now he's a bit put off by it, as am I. It looks like you're talking $700 for a trust $600 for the can we want (Pistol) and the $200 tax stamp, walking into $1500 for one can. For the cheaper can of the two we want. So is it even worth it? It doesn't help that my fathers a block mason by trade and myself and my older sister are both shithead college kids. So we are trying to get our bang for our buck. (Before anyone goes on the "im a spoiled ungrateful bastard who wants mommy and daddy to pay everything" train that is a NAY, my parents give me $70 a month toward my rent while im in school, THAT IS IT.)
    I know I put a lot out there but any other views/ opinions would be nice to hear.
    Thank you
    I'm finally 21 and almost a real "Adult" according to the Govt

(Butler County)

Default get a job

gotta pay if ya wanna play...Get a job my freind. Look at the pile of cash you could save for when you are 21 and graduated! I took the max load of classes in college while working 60 hours a week. Fun- hell no! worth it? yes-sorry but get a job!

(Blair County)

Default Re: NFA Trust dilemma

i would get a pistol suppressor. supersonic bullets are still loud in rifle unless your reloading subsonic
    Prince Law Offices is who made mine he also has a class 3 shoot 4 customers
    Last edited by mmi; December 6th, 2013 at 01:15 AM.

John12wa, the first thing I thought when I saw the thread title was, Prince Law Offices! IMO look no further. $700 bucks may set you back a little while, however piece of mind having the job done right is a small price to pay.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Isn't the ATF looking to shut down trusts?

(Berks County)

They are not looking into shutting Trusts down. The proposed change is to require all trustees to provide prints and CLEO sign off from where they reside. They think this closes some kind of "loophole". But there are plenty of other laws that make it illegal to be in a trust with access to NFA items if you are a prohibited person.

Quote Originally Posted by awfroadan View Post
    They are not looking into shutting Trusts down. The proposed change is to require all trustees to provide prints and CLEO sign off from where they reside. They think this closes some kind of "loophole". But there are plenty of other laws that make it illegal to be in a trust with access to NFA items if you are a prohibited person.
    But wasn't one of the whole points of a trust, was to get around the CLEO signoff?

(Blair County)

yes but you can also share guns with in a family . if buying it the reg way only the person on the p work is allowed to poses it

(Allegheny County)

i had josh prince do my trust in may '12. i was like you, only wanted a pistol can and rifle can. i thought i was going to be satisfied with that.

wrong

i bought the cheaper cans, but i am very unhappy with them, so now i am waiting on the higher end cans, and spent twice the money and time.

like mike_g said, get a job! it's gonna get expensive real quick. after you get your first one, you want more.

i have 3 in possession, and am waiting on 7 more.

after the ruling comes out and we see what they force us to do against our will, that will determine if i SBR some ARs.

(Clinton County)

Thank you guys, for all of your input. I see the recurring theme of buy once cry once I guess you could call it, you usually get what you pay for. What are your guys opinion on the YHM 7.62 Quick detach suppressors? this is what my dad and I were thinking, I would like it for my AR and the PTR91 ill eventually have and a bolt gun, and my dad would get one of his bolt guns threaded and well just play ring around the rosie with the QD breaks.
    I'm finally 21 and almost a real "Adult" according to the Govt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast