Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Sight and Sound in Lancaster

Quote Originally Posted by pennsylvaniaboy View Post
    Bumping this for those curious since I was just there this weekend. I was milling around outside of the concessions since they tell you to be there 45 min early. I had my hand in my pocket which apprehently made my pocket knife clip visible. (Mind you I have seen about 6+ other men with everything from pocket knives, multi-tools, and folding sheath knives). I am approached by a bald man Ina black suit who identifies himself as head of security. He asked me to drop the knife into my pants so the clip isn't visible. He also asked if I had any other weapons. I replied hat I had an lctf and was currently carrying. He then proceeded to ask if e could see my permit, which I provided and he closely looked at. Then requested to see my ticket as they like to know where carrier's are located?!. That was the encounter. No issues beyond that. He did come up my isle prior to the start of the show. I was not asked to leave, put it in my car, or even told "next time".
    Long story short.. good to know they don't strictly forbid carrying. Was only there one time so far, but want to take the kids back when they get a little bit older.

I wonder if they saw you printing or something, and led into the conversation with the knife..? Might have been their way of bringing it up without straight up going to "bad guy with a gun". Nothing wrong with trying to get a gauge on "where the carriers are located" either, imo. Again, I feel concealed is concealed, and wouldn't volunteer that info... but if they already see/know you have a firearm, they may just want to have an idea of legal carrier locations in case there is an active scenario. Or maybe they just wanted to keep an extra eye on you.. lol Who knows... I've had good talks with people at my church, and the pastor who actually encourages carrying. He knows where all of us carriers are (apparently there are quite a few more than I even knew of lol), just so he has a gauge on security and everything. Nothing wrong with that imo. He said the only problem is, we all tend to sit to one side of the church, so the other side is a little under-armed lol.
    III%

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    He said the only problem is, we all tend to sit to one side of the church, so the other side is a little under-armed lol.
    I have to ask. Which side?
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

(Schuylkill County)

The side(left) farthest from the main doors.. doors are in the far back and to the right when looking at the front of the sanctuary... and I usually sit in the far back left (in case we need to bring the kids in or out) so I have a perfect view of the doors to my side and can see if anyone comes or goes

And we have everything from Glock 19's, to Sig p226's, xds9's, Walther P99's, and a few others that I know about for sure.. and I think a few ladies carry S&W revolvers.
    Last edited by NikeBauer21; June 26th, 2017 at 08:39 AM.
    III%

(Monroe County)

No pat downs no wands and didn't notice signage. I normally CC at places like that.
    Noah, the show was awesome, the set rivals any big Broadway set. I like being around row GG to JJ at the end near the center isle although there really are no bad seats there.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    No pat downs no wands and didn't notice signage. I normally CC at places like that.
    Noah, the show was awesome, the set rivals any big Broadway set. I like being around row GG to JJ at the end near the center isle although there really are no bad seats there.
    Last time I was there, it was Noah.. and man, the set work is amazing! All up the sides of the theater, live animals running down the aisles... truly amazing. It's definitely not cheap(to take a family anyway), but it's worth it, imo. They put on an amazing show!
    III%

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by pennsylvaniaboy View Post
    Bumping this for those curious since I was just there this weekend. I was milling around outside of the concessions since they tell you to be there 45 min early. I had my hand in my pocket which apprehently made my pocket knife clip visible. (Mind you I have seen about 6+ other men with everything from pocket knives, multi-tools, and folding sheath knives). I am approached by a bald man Ina black suit who identifies himself as head of security. He asked me to drop the knife into my pants so the clip isn't visible. He also asked if I had any other weapons. I replied hat I had an lctf and was currently carrying. He then proceeded to ask if e could see my permit, which I provided and he closely looked at. Then requested to see my ticket as they like to know where carrier's are located?!. That was the encounter. No issues beyond that. He did come up my isle prior to the start of the show. I was not asked to leave, put it in my car, or even told "next time".
    If you check out TSA rules for LEOs flying armed, part of the requirements include the flight crew knowing the locations of ALL armed personnel before the door is closed. If security wants to know in advance what the good guys look like and where they'll likely be when SHTF, I have trouble faulting them for that, especially when it reduces the likelihood they'll shoot *ME* when said S hits said F...

My 2¢

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    If you check out TSA rules for LEOs flying armed, part of the requirements include the flight crew knowing the locations of ALL armed personnel before the door is closed. If security wants to know in advance what the good guys look like and where they'll likely be when SHTF, I have trouble faulting them for that, especially when it reduces the likelihood they'll shoot *ME* when said S hits said F...

My 2¢
    Yep, as long as they had no problem with you carrying AFTER they confronted you about it, all's well IMO and I don't care what reason they give me. Hey, if you want to watch me with suspicion the entire time, be my guest... You might catch me twiddling my thumbs, pick my nose a time or two, or hold my wife's hand (before I pick my nose.. maybe).. but my firearm will not leave it's holster unless a situation calls for me to do so... which is unlikely.
    III%

(Bedford County)

Yeh, far and away the most I have ever been questioned but no issues so fine by me. I am curious if they suspected as I could have printed at some point but wondered if they addressed the other guys or just me.

I am going there 28 June. Good to know and thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12