Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Santander Performing Art Center

I was there in October and no wands or pat downs... Hell you're in Reading... if you don't bring a gun, you'll be the only one without one... jw 34 is correct though... lots of cops at beginning and end of show parked around the streets.

(York County)

Just attended a performance of Celtic Woman at the Santander Performing Arts Center (PAC) - security theater is in effect.

All entrances now have metal detectors and attendants with wands - but the procedure is a joke.

All patrons are to empty their pockets of metal - but - almost everyone walks thru the detector holding up cell phones. The scanner beeps and all you hear is the attendant saying "It's OK - the phones set them off" I did not see anyone wanded.

So..........it's ok - obviously it's the phone making it beep and has nothing to do with anyone carrying any type of hypothetical weapon
    It really had nothing to do with my Kahr nor 2 spare magazines.

And I enjoyed the show - fun with friends - good music - lovely ladies performing - and a better sense of security while there!

(Berks County)

Looks like a couple of posts disappeared in this thread.

2dogs - thanks for the report and glad you enjoyed the show.

(Montgomery County)

Just to update, I attended the Saturday night "Brain Candy Live" show with my family this weekend at the Santander Performing Arts Center in Reading (NOT the arena!!).

Everything 2dogs said above is correct, right down to the lackluster procedure. Every single person I witnessed going through the metal detector set it off! Every single person had an excuse or suggestion as to why it went off (for my wife, it was the metal in her boots), and EVERY SINGLE PERSON got waved by. Not a single person was wanded.

In other news, the theater itself is a death trap - the only marked exits are the back of the theater where you come in, and good luck getting out in the hysteria of a fire. Also, somebody noted that the police are usually out in force on the night of an event. NOPE. We didn't see ONE SINGLE COP. Not one. Thankfully half the theater parked in the same garage as us, so we were pretty safe walking to and from the theater.

As for the show - not as "sciency" as I had hoped, but great for kids. Adam Savage almost ruined it by getting political during the mid-show Q&A, but thankfully he held back before saying anything too stupid.

(Bucks County)

Funny this thread popped back up. Looks like I'll be attended another show in June.

Found this article.

We'll be going to see Frankie Valli. If it's anything like the last time we saw him...it'll be a majority of senior citizens attending the show. They should just leave the detectors turned off.

(Berks County)

How can the government own that building but prohibit weapons if it isn't prohibited by statute?
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Bucks County)

Attended the concert this past Saturday night. As expected, 90% of attendees were seasoned citizens. The metal detectors in place, they were handling keys, belts, cell phones etc in bins before passing through the detectors.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234