Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Santander Performing Art Center

The Santander Arena and the Santander Performing Arts Center is owned by the Berks County Convention Center Authority, and in theory being a government owned building, be open to lawful possession.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santander_Arena

(Chester County)

I know I'm reviving an oldie here, but since its been a full year I wanted to ask if anyone has been here (edit: the Performing Arts Center, not the arena) in the last few weeks? Going to see the Joe Bonamassa acoustic show tomorrow evening with my GF and I know the area isn't great. Any feedback is appreciated!
    Last edited by PAsig229; January 11th, 2016 at 05:28 PM.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAsig229 View Post
    I know I'm reviving an oldie here, but since its been a full year I wanted to ask if anyone has been here in the last few weeks? Going to see the Joe Bonamassa acoustic show tomorrow evening with my GF and I know the area isn't great. Any feedback is appreciated!
    Not within the last few weeks, but I was there last summer for my daughters HS graduation. No metal detectors, no one wanding. They may look into your wife's purse, or any other bags. But if you CC, you should be fine.
    I always cc anytime I leave the house, but when going in to the city, I load up with extra mags. There have been a few shooting by gang bangers within a few blocks of the arena in the last few months. Fortunately, the thugs tend to behave when there's an event at the arena, due to the high police presence.
    And just noticed I was replying for the arena..... Performing arts center is the same. No metal detectors, no wands, bags subject to search. Decent PD presence. Haven't been there since Louis CK tickets a few years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jw34 View Post
    Not within the last few weeks, but I was there last summer for my daughters HS graduation. No metal detectors, no one wanding. They may look into your wife's purse, or any other bags. But if you CC, you should be fine.
    I always cc anytime I leave the house, but when going in to the city, I load up with extra mags. There have been a few shooting by gang bangers within a few blocks of the arena in the last few months. Fortunately, the thugs tend to behave when there's an event at the arena, due to the high police presence.
    And just noticed I was replying for the arena..... Performing arts center is the same. No metal detectors, no wands, bags subject to search. Decent PD presence. Haven't been there since Louis CK tickets a few years ago.
    Thanks! I should have specified, the show is at the Performing Arts Center, not the arena. Ill edit my original post. But good to know!

(Lebanon County)

Been to 3 shows there last year. All 3 were metal.Was late for one and didnt get checked at all but the other 2 i got wanded

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAsig229 View Post
    Thanks! I should have specified, the show is at the Performing Arts Center, not the arena. Ill edit my original post. But good to know!
    Your post was fine. It was my reading comprehension skills that sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by herplover View Post
    Been to 3 shows there last year. All 3 were metal.Was late for one and didnt get checked at all but the other 2 i got wanded
    Good to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    He's allowed because he's special.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by herplover View Post
    Hmm. I guess I shouldn't chance it then? If I carry and they wand and tell me I can't bring it in, there's no way Im gonna risk leaving it in my car. Damn.

(Lancaster County)

Just curious, what do you guys usually do when you go to a place like such. If you were to carry and get inside the building to see metal detectors, would you turn around and go back to the car to leave your gun? Or do you go as far as possible till someone says something.

(Chester County)

I forgot to do this after the show, but wanted to let everyone know that for this show (Joe Bonamassa) there was no security of any kind.

(Berks County)

I have been to 3 hockey games in the past month or so at the ARENA on Penn St and they had bag checks but no detectors and no wanding.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast