Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sig P226 MK25

Default Sig P226 MK25

What can you guys tell me about them? I just picked one up along with a new S&W 442 no lock, but since I don't have my Florida CWL I have to wait until Thursday to get them. It's so commie down here! It's like Jersey but with sunshine.
    But anyway I'm real happy to have this coming to the stable it's a real beauty of a pistol. I've had Sigs before but never a 226 I've had 2 P229's one in 9mm and the other in 40. I loved the 9mm and regretted selling it so since I was able to get a Sig again I got the 226 since this is a grail gun for me.
    Are there any issues with these, how does the phosphate internals hold up to rust and wear?
    Thanks

And yes pics will follow on Thursday....

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Sig P226 MK25

I have two. The MK25 is probably the nicest new style P226 I've ever had. My user MK25 topped 2500rnds with no problems. I did carry it for awhile and had no corrosion issues. The last 500rnds were Tulammo and it ran fine with it too.
    The UID label on mine came off after a few cleanings, it's not too durable if you use the pistol.
    Mine fits most leather holsters for a normal railed P226, kydex options can be a little harder to find though.
    Overall it's an excellent pistol!

(York County)

I have a P226/MK25 and a P229. I find that I'm more accurate with the 226; it's balanced a bit better than the 229. The rest of the controls (decocker, takedown, etc) are all the same. The MK25 comes with 3x15-round magazines whereas most other 226 variants only include 2, so there's that.

Also note that you need not rue the selling of your 9mm P229 -- just pick up a caliber x-change kit (if you can find one) for 9mm. My 229 started life as a P229 "Classic" .22LR, but after a $275ish slide it shoots 9mm just fine. I think this is only valid for the newer "229-2" models.

Quote Originally Posted by DBZ220 View Post
    I have two. The MK25 is probably the nicest new style P226 I've ever had. My user MK25 topped 2500rnds with no problems. I did carry it for awhile and had no corrosion issues. The last 500rnds were Tulammo and it ran fine with it too.
    The UID label on mine came off after a few cleanings, it's not too durable if you use the pistol.
    Mine fits most leather holsters for a normal railed P226, kydex options can be a little harder to find though.
    Overall it's an excellent pistol!
    What makes it different for holsters from the P226r?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    What makes it different for holsters from the P226r?
    The accessory rail on the MK25 is an actual Milspec Picatinny rail and is a bit more blocky/squared off versus the rounded SIG style rail found on the regular P226R. With leather rigs this isn't usually a problem, the MK25 will fit slightly tight for the first dozen or so draws as the holster breaks in.
    My normal carry holster for the MK25 is a Galco Combat Master for a P226R. It took about a day to break in perfectly.

(Pike County)

Congratulations on a fine handgun!

Another peculiarity of this model is that you cannot just drop a standard Sig barrel into it to change it to .40 or 357 sig. You would need the Xchange kit that includes the new slide.This is because the coating on the interior changes the specs.

(Lackawanna County)

Mk25 is one of my grail guns. If I could ever stop with ars

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    That's why I got it, I bought a snub nose 442 at the same time

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't mind picking up one of the Mk 25s I keep seeing locally, if only because being ex-Navy, I really want it because of that anchor on the slide. I know it's kind of an odd reason, but I don't care.