Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default where to shoot around reading

i live around reading and im looking for a place to shoot pistol and shotgun....anyone know of a place around me?

There is a range in Boyertown...one near Reading called University...they have a 300 yard rifle range. There is Elverson, but that's a little drive.

(Berks County)

What is the range in Boyertown, I live like 10 mins from Boyertown and never heard of it. Also, living in Reading means you can probably just go out on your front porch and shoot . There is always some criminal element around. I don't know if they are still open, but the Gun Gallery in Reading you could shoot at, but it is indoors. However, they have been charged with doing straw purchases, but deny the charges. So, I am not sure if they are open or not.

(Chester County)

(Berks County)

thanks guys...well i dont actually dont live in reading but the burbs.....yea i been to the gun gallery but im tired of only shooting pistol...i want a place where i can shoot sg and pistol......do u belong to mohnton?...if so how is it and how is the range.......fyi i like to practice tac shotgun, ive never yet done trap or skeet....but willing to try

Is that the shop on Penn Ave? Their prices are horrible...so are their transfer fees...$70 to do a private transfer is nuts. They have lots of semi's and other odd ball rifles, but I don't see how they stay in business for what they are charging.

(Berks County)

ive talked with the guy who works in there and your right the prices suck, the owner marks it up so high and now hes in trouble for straw purchases....but i have a question....how a dealer can get in trouble for lets say mike buying a gun then a week later selling it in a city to some guy....i can see if they got actual proof that the person was going to sell it to someone else, but if the dealer didnt know that then how can they help it...they need to find the owner who the gun is registered to then get them.....but yea i really need to find a regular place to shoot my pistol and sg

(Philadelphia County)

When I lived in Reading I always went to Blue Marsh, either Justa Road or the Stilling Basin (near the dam).

You have to hike but it is worth it. It's free, you have over three hundred yards to shoot and I have seen people with all types of guns.

They even set up hay bails for archery. Great place. I even brought a piece of plywood to replace the target board because it gets so shot up.

Now that I am in Philly I really miss the place. I have to pay $15 an hour just to shoot my handgun!!!!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Gatsby
    Now that I am in Philly I really miss the place. I have to pay $15 an hour just to shoot my handgun!!!!!!
    Where the heck do you shoot that charges $15/hr? You need to check out South Philadelphia Archery & Gun.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Berks County)

Hey, I never heard about Blue Marsh, is there a map or something of where these rangs are? Are there regulations on what can be shot there? AKA full auto?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast