Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: John@JCDLESales

(Dauphin County)

Default John@JCDLESales

Thanks for the GSG-5, great job....AAA+++

(Cambria County)

Default Re: John@JCDLESales

John rocks! Helped me out with the transfer of two handguns to a friend in his neck of the woods. He made an exception to open up on Saturday for us so we could get it done as I had to come all the way from Johnstown to do it. Super nice guy, he and his wife (and the dog) were very friendly and made my friend's first transfer experience absolutely painless and, dare I say it, fun.

Thanks again, John.

(Westmoreland County)

John has done a few things for me too. He is a very generous soul.

(Allegheny County)

DITTO ..John's a great guy and helped me out several times..I just wish his shop was a little closer..

Finished an AK for me in good time and devotes a lot of time to customer service. Hes an all around friendly guy. Great to do business with too.

(Allegheny County)

I’m posting this in the interest of fair disclosure. I want to make it clear that I am reporting as an objective party and that nothing in this message is meant as slander, or to tarnish the reputation of John. I am simply reporting the facts of my pending transaction. Every report I have received from him has been positive so I am optimistic that this is a fluke but wanted to provide the information to everyone.

I was in the market for a .22 suppressor and after an exhaustive amount of research decided on the TAC 65. After looking for local shops I heard good things about John@JCDLEsales so I called him up. Seemed like a great guy, we chatted for a while and I let him know what i was looking for. He said he did not keep them in stock but could order anything I wanted and have it in about four days.

I make an appointment (September 6th), admire his setup and lathe and look at some of his built AKs (impressive). He showed me a few of the suppressors he had on hand including the quest. I was tempted to just get that but I did the research for a reason, I’m too impulsive so I stick with the TAC 65. We fill out the forms, he says he will call me when it comes in so I can record the serial number and mail everything off to the BATFE.

As of yet the suppressor is still not in. I called him 3 weeks in checking on the status (remember, he told me four days) and he reminded me that he will call as soon as it is in. Perhaps he was busy because it was a brief conversation. Trying to be a patient person I wait until last week to try again. He stated that the paperwork was not back yet. I responded that I had been waiting for the serial number first. He was not at the shop so he said to call tomorrow for the number.

To be honest I was relieved, I can handle a misunderstanding. looking forward to finally dropping the stuff in the mail I call him this Tuesday. Apparently he had me confused with another Brian and my suppressor still has not come in. He said any day now and told me not to worry.

At this point I don’t truly know what to do. Many friends advise me to call and ask for a refund and I can understand that. However I don’t want to mess around with that and I certainly don’t want to burn any bridges in the process. I just want the suppressor I ordered. November 6th will be the two month mark, hopefully I have something by then.

~Brian

(Allegheny County)

Update:

Called John today (11/7/08) at the 2 month mark. Still no suppressor. He told me that before a suppressor gets shipped to him from the manufacturer paperwork has to go through the ATF in West Virginia. Apparently his paperwork manager (don't know the term) is an older representative left over from the DC days and apparently is not as efficient as the new managers. He said to call back in a week or two.

I let him know that if it's not in by thanksgiving I would have to make a decision. I'm still not pleased, he told me four days.

(Allegheny County)

Another update (if you can call it that)

I asked for a refund in early January (read, almost a year ago). He said he could get it to me in a week or two. After that he stopped answering his calls. I am contacting the ATF in an attempt to resolve this as another forum member had good luck getting his property back. If not I will have to look into other options, perhaps small claims court.

(Allegheny County)

Had I not done a search for John@JCDLESales I would have missed the above post by: JOE SMITH

Anyone that knows me knows I would never tell someone I would have their suppressor in (4) Days! Anyone who has had an NFA Transfer knows it takes Approximetely (4) FOUR Weeks Dealer To Dealer! And then Approx. another (4) weeks to the individual.

Joe Smith or Brian you called and you told me you were having a baby and could not afford the $200.00 Registration Fee and could you have a refund correct. I told you it is the responsibility of the person purchasing the NFA Item to complete the deal or find a buyer as I do not give refunds on special orders. I told you if you could sell your TAC 65 I would do the paperwork to an in state individual or out of state Class 3 Dealer.

Your Tac 65 has been sitting in my safe since that call. You can reach me at the same number 412 980-1233. If I do not hear from you within 60 days I will consider the deal and property abandoned.

John On Sept. 28, 2010
    John McCaw
    FFL/SOT2
    JCD Tactical LE Sales
    White Oak, PA 15131-2104
    412 980-1233

(Franklin County)

Moving back to the 'Feedback' forum where this belongs. The involved parties should keep any ongoing discussion out of this thread, as that is not the purpose of Feedback threads.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.